Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

I just got off a flight where they were looking for 88 throughs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

I would hate to be BS on that flight.

DAL-ELP-LAS

I got off in ELP.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Happens all the time at ELP and ABQ. I saw the FA count to 77 on a flight a couple of months ago.

Not sure how big a hit their flight schedules will look after the Jim Wright Amendment goes away in 2014, and DAL pax can fly direct to PHX and LAS.

Last edited by Texas Booster; Jun 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Texas Booster
Happens all the time at ELP and ALB. I saw the FA count to 77 on a flight a couple of months ago.

Not sure how big a hit their flight schedules will look after the Jim Wright Amendment goes away in 2014, and DAL pax can fly direct to PHX and LAS.
Albany? ABQ, maybe.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:06 pm

They typically don't offer BS in these cases, and because of IT weaknesses, they don't sell it even from DAL to the second stop.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:08 pm

My record so far is 71 thrus. And boy were the local boarders who purchased EBCI upset
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Are you saying people going to Vegas may have just bought from DAL-ELP and did not get off at ELP hoping to get a free ride to Vegas? LOL or do I have that wrong
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by john398
Are you saying people going to Vegas may have just bought from DAL-ELP and did not get off at ELP hoping to get a free ride to Vegas? LOL or do I have that wrong
Wrong. Currently its the only way peeps can fly from DAL to LAS because of the expiring Wright Amendment. MDW-MCI-DAL (and reverse) flights are always packed for the same reason but I used to get off in MCI.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: southwest rapid rewards
I am scheduled for this flight on 6.29.13. As of a few minutes ago, there were still at least 8 seats for purchase online. but i can see where the throughs would always be kinda high.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Pretty much any flight which either came from or is headed to DAL can be subject to this phenomenon. I am very careful when I book MCI-MDW or STL-MDW as a result.

The worse I've ever seen not involving DAL was this past Good Friday, where the ATL-LAS at the gate next to me had 78 thru from ORF. Then I got on my ATL-MDW and had about 30 thru from of all places PHX!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Often the last flight of the day LIT-DAL is a BWI-LIT-DAL flight. Often for that flight I'll get a BS number on a WGA fare, because the plane is already pretty full and there's <30 boarding in LIT. Gotta love the Wright amendment. Pretty sure that's a stop that'll end in 2014.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
Wrong. Currently its the only way peeps can fly from DAL to LAS because of the expiring Wright Amendment. MDW-MCI-DAL (and reverse) flights are always packed for the same reason but I used to get off in MCI.
Well there are other ways, you could go DLS-LBB-LAS or DLS-ABQ-LAS or DLS-ABI-LAS ( I am flying similar end oc Oct/Begining November and yes I know all anout the Wright admenmendment
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Originally Posted by john398
Well there are other ways, you could go DLS-LBB-LAS or DLS-ABQ-LAS or DLS-ABI-LAS ( I am flying similar end oc Oct/Begining November and yes I know all anout the Wright admenmendment
I didn't know that WN started serving Columbia Gorge Regional in Washington. But it is a good way to get to north-central Oregon, even thought the runways are a bit short for a loaded 737.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by SCGustafson
I didn't know that WN started serving Columbia Gorge Regional in Washington. But it is a good way to get to north-central Oregon, even thought the runways are a bit short for a loaded 737.
Sorry I meant DAL but I would not mind going thru Washington

But getting back on topic, I can see why there would be a lot of thu passengers any flights from Dallas, I was jus wondering did they have a hard time only finding 88?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.