Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update it.

WN experienced a massive IT systems outage 21 June 2013, and was forced to delay over 1,000 flights. Things seem fairly normal the morning of 22 June, but some knock on effects, including a few cancellations, still are occurring. Nothing on the WN front page about this.
Print Wikipost

SW Website Down???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lougord99
As elite on AA and UA, what do they give?
I expect a voucher of some kind. UA gave me 300.00 for a ground delay, where I sat on an airplane for 3 hours.

I sat 3 hours, with no info, next to a runway. I arrived at 430AM, which I made it, I'm happy, but something is owed to myself and my elderly mother. I had to boot up liveatc to find out why we were just sitting. The Captain announced a tower issue, but with flights coming and going, that wasn't true.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I expect a voucher of some kind.
Please let us know what you do end up with if/when it happens.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
A buddy of mine was caught up in the mess and received a LUV voucher for $100 after he sent an email to customer service.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:07 am
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Has there been any explanation or follow up as to the cause of the outage?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by dc2
Has there been any explanation or follow up as to the cause of the outage?
Yes there was, but as it was for internal consumption only, I cannot comment further.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OPNLguy
Yes there was, but as it was for internal consumption only, I cannot comment further.
You do realize that saying nothing would have been just as useful and a whole lot easier on my insatiable curiosity, don't you?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I disagree. At least we know that WN knows why this happened. Given their IT staff, that is not a given.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:42 pm

Classic.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
You do realize that saying nothing would have been just as useful and a whole lot easier on my insatiable curiosity, don't you?
I confess. The system's flux capacitor ran out of dilithium crystals...

Happy now?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I confess. The system's flux capacitor ran out of dilithium crystals...

Happy now?
They shoulda called me. I always keep spares.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
OPNLguy might not be privvy to share, but I am. Here's some security camera footage that was released to employees.

If you know who this individual is, please let Southwest know.

Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I have two luv vouchers on the way
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
They gave me $200.00 vouchers for each of us. I had used points on 3 of the tickets and 1 was a companion pass.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: None
poser and CLIPPERS, were these vouchers and credits because of The Outage?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
poser and CLIPPERS, were these vouchers and credits because of The Outage?
Yes

Here is my original post:

I was scheduled to fly from LAX-SJC-SEA last night at 7:50 PM. I waited at the airport until 11:30 PM because they kept guaranteeing me that I would make it to Seattle last night but there was no way possible. There were 4 of us on my reservation and we had to spend money on food at the airport and take a taxi back home. We also a non-refundable hotel reservation for last night and a 2 night stay at another resort which I used timeshare points for. It was a quick weekend trip so leaving today wasn't an option since it wouldn't give us enough time to enjoy Seattle.

I used points and a companion pass for the 4 tickets.

How do you think they will compensate me? I called reservations today but they wouldn't let me change me ticket to next weekend using the same amount of points as my original booking. They said I had to call customer service which is closed on the weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.