Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double Points nationwide promo is now retroactively also double tier points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Points nationwide promo is now retroactively also double tier points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drooley
This fare was was not booked through SWAbiz, and is regular A-list. Considerably less points, correct?
Taking a shot at it I'd say then it's about 7400 points each way.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Marriott Platinum
Member will receive 12 bonus points and 12 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Business Select Fares, ten bonus points and ten bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points and six bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away? Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards.
Let me make sure this makes complete sense.

I want to book a SJC-BUR flight using BS. Without any promos, it's 2424 points (202 * 12)

This promotion states that I receive 12 bonus points and 12 bonus TQP per dollar spent on BS fares in addition to the standard points.

Does this mean: 2424 points from Normal RR, 2424 points from bonus, and 2424 points from TQP bonus? For a total of 7272 points?

If so, I'll be needing to make some extra trips
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by acwan93
Let me make sure this makes complete sense.

I want to book a SJC-BUR flight using BS. Without any promos, it's 2424 points (202 * 12)

This promotion states that I receive 12 bonus points and 12 bonus TQP per dollar spent on BS fares in addition to the standard points.

Does this mean: 2424 points from Normal RR, 2424 points from bonus, and 2424 points from TQP bonus? For a total of 7272 points?

If so, I'll be needing to make some extra trips
You would receive (if you have no status):
2424+2424 points usable for future travel. (Double point promo)
2424+2424 points applied to your tier qualifying for A-list and A+. (Double TQP promo)
2424 points applied to your qualifying for companion pass. (Regular earn, bonus points do not apply here)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
You would receive (if you have no status):
2424+2424 points usable for future travel. (Double point promo)
2424+2424 points applied to your tier qualifying for A-list and A+. (Double TQP promo)
2424 points applied to your qualifying for companion pass. (Regular earn, bonus points do not apply here)
Right, TQP is just a incremental counter for status that resets with the New Year. Not redeemable points.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Marriott Platinum
Oh okay.

"Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards."
I read this as "standard points given as well as bonus points and TQP points." Seemed too good to be true. Thanks for the clarification!
Old May 14, 2013, 11:44 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Resurrecting an old thread. What's the consensus on the likelihood of Southwest running this promo again this year? I'm trying for A+ and have $800 to go on BS fares if I fly right before May 15, or 1600/3200 BS/WGA to do later.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Resurrecting an old thread. What's the consensus on the likelihood of Southwest running this promo again this year? I'm trying for A+ and have $800 to go on BS fares if I fly right before May 15, or 1600/3200 BS/WGA to do later.
I think its pretty slim. SW likes to run at the beginning of the year (slow travel times-not as heavy a load in general) and a way to boost the fares used. From now through Sept you have vacationers and from November on holidays. So unless there's a big shift I would suggest you've seen the only double for the year.
Old May 15, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
How wrong I was the promo has been extended to June 15th and added a few other double bonus options.
Old May 15, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Promo Details & T&Cs revised to reflect extension through 6/15:

Details
NEW! Our Nationwide Double Points and Double Tier Qualifying Points promotion has been extended through June 15, 2013!
.................................................. .................................................. ......................
Nationwide Double Points and Double Tier Qualifying Points Promotion Combined
Beginning February, 20, 2013, our two promotions below will be combined and enriched into one new promotion—Nationwide Double Points and Double Tier Qualifying Points! With this new promotion, you will earn double points and double Tier Qualifying Points when you book any of your flights through Southwest Airlines® and complete your travel by June 15, 2013!
Members who have already registered for the Nationwide Double Points or Milwaukee Double Tier Qualifying Points promotion will be automatically registered for this new promotion. If you have not yet registered for any of these promotions, please register below.
Nationwide Double Points and Double Tier Qualifying Points Promotion Terms and Conditions: Effective February 20, 2013, the Nationwide Double Points and Double Tier Qualifying Points promotion will replace the Nationwide Double Points and Milwaukee Double Tier Qualifying Points promotions. Member must register for this promotion between February 20, 2013 and June 15, 2013. Members who have already registered for the Nationwide Double Points and Milwaukee Double Tier Qualifying Points promotions between February 4, 2013 and February 19, 2013 will be automatically registered for this promotion, and additional registration is not required. Registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Travel must be booked through Southwest Airlines® between February 4, 2013 and June 15, 2013. Travel must be completed between February 20, 2013 and June 15, 2013. Qualifying bookings that were traveled between February 4, 2013 and February 19, 2013 will be awarded bonus points in accordance with the original Nationwide Double Points and Milwaukee Double Tier Qualifying Points promotion. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Member will receive 12 bonus points and 12 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Business Select Fares, ten bonus points and ten bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points and six bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will count toward A-List and A-List Preferred qualification. Bonus points will not count toward Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive Rapid Rewards Bonus Points within four days of completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Hm, I was registered for this promo originally but now it isn't listed in the "My promotions" portion of the WN site. Nor can I seem to find it on their site to re-register. Anyone seeing the same behavior?
Old May 15, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mtftw
Hm, I was registered for this promo originally but now it isn't listed in the "My promotions" portion of the WN site. Nor can I seem to find it on their site to re-register. Anyone seeing the same behavior?
I can't find it either but a google search did turn this up: http://www.southwest.com/rapidreward...ion?f=25mhzhzq

Looks like the June 15 is there... hope we're all still registered; I'd love to earn double points for another month!
Old May 15, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by mtftw
Originally Posted by soccerref750
I can't find it either but a google search did turn this up: http://www.southwest.com/rapidreward...ion?f=25mhzhzq

Looks like the June 15 is there... hope we're all still registered; I'd love to earn double points for another month!
It shows up for me. Here's the direct link (you must log-in first): http://www.southwest.com/account/rap...?pid=2-5MHZHZQ

Also, Southwest's website is poor at displaying promotions - if from the "Snapshot" tab you click "Promotions" and "View All," it will show no "Active Promotions."

However, if you click to the "My Rapid Rewards" tab of your "My Account" page and then click to "View All Registered Promotions" under the "Registered Promotions" Sub-SubHeading under the "Rapid Rewards Promotions" SubHeading, you should be able to see this one still (here's the link: http://www.southwest.com/account/rap...rds/promotions).
Old May 15, 2013, 10:56 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Ok. The last minute status run today isn't looking so smart now.
Old May 15, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
"Ok. The last minute status run today isn't looking so smart now."

I hear ya. I booked a BUR<->SJC customer visit flight today just to bump on the last day. Well I'm still getting the points either way so oh well.

Even without the extension my 5 flights (#3 today) for this month nail BIS CP for me before end of May. A new personal best. Just sort of worked out that way.

/don't get me started on how awful wifi was on the flight down. dial up would have been faster... worst ever.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I haven't decided what to make of these extensions. They're keeping prices ultra-high, then trying to re-stimulate demand with double points and double TQP.

I only need $1500 in BS fares between now and 12/31 to renew A+ for another year, but right now I have no revenue trips scheduled on WN. I'm far more focused on picking up EQS on Delta and keeping an eye on the AA-US merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.