Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Window Seat at B-15?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List and CP, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver
Window Seat at B-15?

Hi All, I lost my A-List status at the end of 2012 (not flying for work very much anymore), and just checked in (T-24) for a flight from Houston to Orange County tomorrow. Boarding pass was B-15!

I had no idea so many people were probably buying Early Bird!

So my question is, still possible/likely/not at all to get a window seat with B-15? Not sure how full the flight will be before I board in Houston, it will be coming from Newark beforehand.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by liz4153; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:36 am
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:34 am

Window? Probably, if you only have small carry-on, that you can put under the seat, so you do not have to skip rows only because you do not have overhead space.

I do not think many ppl go from Newark to SNA through Houston. (I frequent the EWR-SNA route, there is no way I would pick that flight - it is 11 hour-long.)

Last edited by pirossalma; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:45 am
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:35 am

It depends on the number of thrus. I've boarded with empty rows in back with similar numbers.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I've snagged a window as high as about B25, twice. However, it was the last open window on the plane.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Assuming that all of Business Select A1-15 is full, then there are 74 people in front of you, plus families and preboards, plus thrus.

Worst case scenario is that everybody takes an aisle or a window, and after (23*4-1) 95 people there are no window seats left.

There won't be 20 families and preboards in front of you, especially since you can't count the little kids jammed into middle seats. So it really depends on how many thru passengers there are.

According to flightstats.com, The only nonstop HOU-SNA is WN 3483. Also according to flightstats.com, that flight number runs EWR-HOU-SNA-SMF-PHX-OMA.

Given that UA flies a nonstop EWR-SNA 2x/day, I think it's doubtful that you'll have enough thrus to mess you up. Just head back to about row 19.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.