Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying hidden city SEA->AUS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Flying hidden city SEA->AUS

I am looking for flights from SEA-AUS in early March for SXSW. WN's flight are already quite pricey (between $520 and $800 depending on flights for the dates I want).

I've never booked a hidden city ticket before, but thought I'd explore if that option would save me any cash. Is that likely? I'm guessing there aren't a ton of through flights through Austin, but though I'd check to see if you guys think there's an opportunity here, and if you have any tips for how to search for these fares.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Look for flights to Dallas or Houston. Another way is to book to SAT (it's about a 90 minute drive) OR look at Alaska. They have nonstops SEA-AUS and SEA-SAT.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: lots of little things
I doubt you'll have much luck. When there are legitimately heavy loads, the lower fare buckets will be full going through Austin anyway.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:01 pm

Sea-sat: 3/11, $108; 3/19, $111/$115

Don't know your travel dates, but SXSW music dates are 3/12 - 3/17.

There are Seattle - San Antonio flights that arrive at 6:00 PM on 3/11, and there are departures on 3/19 that leave early in the morning or mid-afternoon. The prices are in the subject line, so for around $220 you could be in San Antonio, just a 79-mile car ride from Austin.

A car rental for the entire period would be costly for those dates--around $350 or so is the cheapest I see on Travelocity. If you could get the cheap airfare, I'd try to bid on a rental car on Priceline. This would likely save you a lot on that $350 rental car price. You have a lot of time between now and March, so you'd have plenty of chances to bid on a car.

Anyway, that's the cheapest way I could find for a trip to SXSW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.