Search

Re-faring with Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Re-faring with Points

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I looked through the wiki and couldn't find the answer.

What happens when I book with points, the fare/# of points goes down, and I refare? Are the points refunded back into my RR account and are they saved as "TTF's" (TTP's?) and good for a year after the ticket issue date?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Points go back into your account as before with no expiration ( assuming activity in 24 months ).
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
This is one of the best features of RR2.0. Cancel and Rebook. I do this quite often. Works well when fare drops or plans change.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: SW RR
What happens to the $5 or $10 you had to pay in taxes? Is that now a credit or is it ust refunded. I assume it is just refunded
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by vegaslover8
What happens to the $5 or $10 you had to pay in taxes? Is that now a credit or is it ust refunded. I assume it is just refunded
You have the option to choose refund or hold credit for future use. I just cxld and rebooked an award ticket which came down in price about 5K points from original booking. Kept the credit and applied it to the new booking and 5K points were instantly back in my account.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vegaslover8
I always refund the $2.50 or whatever to my CC. Old TTFs, if applied with new money, will "taint" the latter with the older expiration date (a terrible policy, by the way, WN, if you are listening). Bad idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.