Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question re. E-rewards redemption for WN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Question re. E-rewards redemption for WN

Forgive me if this is not in the correct place, but I am looking for some advice on how best to redeem $100 E-rewards to WN points. Wn is not one of my options for redemption, so I am looking at two alternatives.

$100 will give me 4000 Choice Privileges points. I have 2000 already, so could redeem for 1800 RR. The second scenario is to redeem 2x$50 with Air Tran to give me 2 A Plus credits. Is it possible to transfer those to RR points to avoid expiry? Is each A Plus worth 900 RR points?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Moderators, if this is in the wrong spot, please move it to where it belongs. Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond

On the left hand side choose Rewards by Company.

Southwest is at the end of the list.

I just checked and this worked for me.

It does not seem to be under the travel partners for some strange reason.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Nope, no LUV for me. This is probably because I am a Canadian member. Thus my attempts to go in through an alternative redemption portal.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by dorif
The second scenario is to redeem 2x$50 with Air Tran to give me 2 A Plus credits. Is it possible to transfer those to RR points to avoid expiry? Is each A Plus worth 900 RR points?
A+ credits don't transfer to RR points, only to RR credits. But if you have a WN Standard Award in the bank, you can effectively make it so your credits never expire (as long as the A+ to RR transition website is available) using the steps here: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...nsfer_six-step. This will allow you to continue building your credit inventory using the E-Rewards program without worrying too much about credit expiration.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Wow! I'm going to have study these instructions very carefully. I don't have an award, still shy of the required number of points/credits. Thanks for the advice and links.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.