Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

any tools to track price drops for southwest flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any tools to track price drops for southwest flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:27 pm

You can look at this project if you are familiar with javascript. It doesn't work as is, but can probably be modified to work with the latest website.

https://github.com/fyhuang/flight_price
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:33 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone that subscribes to the airline tariff database can get wn published fares. I think that's where fare compare gets theirs. I don't think they do individual GDS queries for millions of users flights looking for repricings.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:36 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

WN wouldn't do well if it were easy to know about repricing. Unlike the legacies, they could easily open up a bucket of sales fares that just get snatched up by existing pax repricing their tickets.

Theoretically, if the new fare were in the right booking class they'd have to reprice the whole plane.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Anyone that subscribes to the airline tariff database can get wn published fares. I think that's where fare compare gets theirs. I don't think they do individual GDS queries for millions of users flights looking for repricings.
The problem with that is it doesn't tell you if a fare is available. It could be sold out.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:13 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Good point.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:24 pm

Pop-up that appeared for fare tracking of WN itinerary:

We're sorry, this flight cannot be tracked.
Southwest prohibits travel sites such as Xxxxx from sharing the prices of their flights. You can monitor their prices by visiting southwest.com. If the price drops below what you paid, you may be able to obtain a refund by calling Southwest customer service at 1-800-435-9792.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:08 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Any update on this?

I've booked a WN flight for October for a wedding, and I am pretty sure the price will drop sometime between now and then. Would be great to know when this happens somehow.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:41 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Originally Posted by b8b
Any update on this?

I've booked a WN flight for October for a wedding, and I am pretty sure the price will drop sometime between now and then. Would be great to know when this happens somehow.
Tripit works. But it's not worth the trouble for one random trip. Just follow it manually- maybe weekly. Southwest rarely introduces or matches fares for periods much shorter than that.

Also, smarter travel dot com is useful for having general awareness of the low fares in your market.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:34 pm

Southwest prefers to distribute its prices through direct sales channels and rarely authorizes an outside entity to interface with its Web site for automated price checking - including Yapta. However, you can monitor their prices by visiting southwest.com. If the price drops below what you paid, you may be able to obtain a refund by calling Southwest customer service at 1-800-435-9792.

Send me an email or private message. I will share a service I use.

Last edited by Price0; Apr 4, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.