Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Drink Coupons at MCI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Unhappy Lost Drink Coupons at MCI

I was in Kansas City this afternoon and accidently dropped about 10-12 drink coupons paper-clipped together when I threw away a USA Today newspaper at Gate 45.
I later saw them on a chair next to a guy's suitcase, but didn't know they were mine. I wasn't aware that I had lost them until I got on my flight and wanted a drink.
If you are the guy who found them, please message me.
Most expire in December. 4 of them I just received in the mail this week and they expire in April 2013.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Having gone through the pain of losing a stack of drink coupons twice - I feel your pain. Good luck.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by doctall41
I was in Kansas City this afternoon and accidently dropped about 10-12 drink coupons paper-clipped together when I threw away a USA Today newspaper at Gate 45.
I later saw them on a chair next to a guy's suitcase, but didn't know they were mine. I wasn't aware that I had lost them until I got on my flight and wanted a drink.
If you are the guy who found them, please message me.
Most expire in December. 4 of them I just received in the mail this week and they expire in April 2013.
Do they not have your name printed on them? Mine do.

I. flyFromPHX
xxxxxxxx7783

You could have just asked the guy...then if they were yours shown an ID.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
Do they not have your name printed on them? Mine do.

I. flyFromPHX
xxxxxxxx7783

You could have just asked the guy...then if they were yours shown an ID.
I guess maybe they do, but at the time I saw those sitting there, I didn't know mine were missing. Didn't realize it until I was on the flight and wanted to order a drink. by then, it was too late.
If I had known my coupons were missing, I would have walked over to look at those
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by doctall41
I guess maybe they do, but at the time I saw those sitting there, I didn't know mine were missing. Didn't realize it until I was on the flight and wanted to order a drink. by then, it was too late.
If I had known my coupons were missing, I would have walked over to look at those
Gotcha. That does stink. FWIW, I generally leave coupons laying around (Easter eggs) for people to find and use. Maybe Karma will be good to you.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
Gotcha. That does stink. FWIW, I generally leave coupons laying around (Easter eggs) for people to find and use. Maybe Karma will be good to you.
yeah, if I have one that has to be used on a certain day (Business Select fare) I'll leave it in the seatback if I'm not going to be able to use it due to time of flight. I also will buy a drink on occasion for someone for various reasons in-flight. It's always nice to share, just not all coupons at one time, on accident!
oh well, someone picked up a nice perk.
I'd rather lose those than lose a credit card or drivers license, right?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
Just curious, since RR 2.0 was rolled out I've accumulated 497,000 points (in round numbers). All points were butt in seat. I've never received a single drink coupon in the mail or otherwise from WN, unless I purchased a BS fare. Am I missing something?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:11 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by boeing727
Just curious, since RR 2.0 was rolled out I've accumulated 497,000 points (in round numbers). All points were butt in seat. I've never received a single drink coupon in the mail or otherwise from WN, unless I purchased a BS fare. Am I missing something?
Is your mailing address up to date on sw.com? You're supposed to get them every 10 one way flights. I've got a stack I normally save up until the next party plane to vegas where I buy drinks for everyone on the way out.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boeing727
You might want to check your account profile. There is a check box to opt out of drink coupons.

My Account
My Preferences
Travel Preferences
Air Preferences

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Sep 3, 2012 at 8:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.