Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN adds new nonstop BOS-BNA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
If looking at a GC map, BOS-LAX passes literally over MDW. No difference in mileage (2611). BOS-DEN-LAX adds a whole 5 miles, and BOS-MCI-LAX adds 9.

I don't see why WN would bother with competing in the BOS-LAX nonstop space when, if they felt like it, they could easily have 3 same-plane one-stops per day.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by haddon90
maybe i just don't see how the yields would be that high.
If you don't think BOS-LAS would work, you might wonder how ALB-LAS nonstop works.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Perhaps a "Blue" airline like JetBlue does not want to fly to predominantely "Red" states.
TN may be Red, but Nashville-Davidson is Blue.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I forgot that WN pulled BOS-PHX. I guess you're right. They don't wanna do TCONs anymore.
They have a few like BWI-SAN. The latter apparently has a good amount of business traffic because of the military or government. Also, there is no competitor on the route.

From BOS, B6 and VX are an alternativeto the legacy carriers i.e. United, and they offer IFE. I don't know what WN would bring other than the nice change fee policy.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Any Chance of BOS-MCI? I doubt B6 would try it. I just did BOS-DCA-MCI-PHL-BOS on US and thought the airport to be a ghost town in Terminal A.

It could could connect with some other western routes if done at least 2x/day. PDEW is typically 250-300 throughout the year.

Drive DL and the Compass E175 off the route!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.