Search

Bonus Points on Select Cities 2012APR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass

Details

Say goodbye to winter and hello to spring! To celebrate the season change, we have created this special offer for you just in time for spring travel! Earn 3,000 bonus points on every roundtrip flight you take into or out of Atlanta, Denver, and select California cities between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012, when you purchase an Anytime Fare or Wanna Get Away?® Fare. And these bonus points are in addition to the standard points you earn for your flight. With this promotion, you can explore the Rockies, watch the sunset in California, visit our newest Southwest destination (Atlanta), and earn Rapid Rewards Points!

To take advantage of this offer, simply follow these steps:

Step 1: Register for this promotion between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012.

Step 2: Book a roundtrip Anytime or Wanna Get Away? Fare for yourself between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012 for travel into or out of Atlanta, Burbank, Denver, Los Angeles, Ontario, or Orange County.

Step 3: Complete your travel between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to earn bonus points! Register and book today.

Terms and Conditions:

Terms and Conditions: Member must register for this promotion between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations only. Member must book any Anytime Fare or Wanna Get Away? Fare between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012 for travel into or out of select Southwest Airlines' California destinations (Burbank, Los Angeles, Ontario, Orange County); Denver; and Atlanta. Travel must be completed between April 12, 2012 and June 30, 2012 for all flights. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Offer excludes Business Select® Fares. Member will receive Rapid Rewards Bonus Points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages, Jackpot Deals, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published, scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. Promotion may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: SWA A+ & CP, Delta GM, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Plat, HH Diamond
Please post the link.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
$50 worth of WGA in addition to regular points is nothing to sneeze at. What would be the cheapest RT one could find from these airports?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by ckohlun
Please post the link.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ckohlun
Please post the link.
I received the link in the Rapid Rewards Report April 2012. There is a message on the sign-up page:

Not a rapid rewards member? Enroll now and you'll be automatically registered for this promotion.

If you are not signed up to receive the Rapid Rewards Reports, you may want to do so.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Great find
Thanks,
I just added the registration code just in case I need it in the future
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
$50 worth of WGA in addition to regular points is nothing to sneeze at. What would be the cheapest RT one could find from these airports?
I am looking to book now something pretty cheap a $69 x 2 base fare bwi-atl-bwi. This should qualify since the RT has to EITHER originate or terminate in one of the listed cities as I read it - does that seem correct to others?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/CP, United Premier Exec., Hilton Diamond, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Thank God for flyertalk, because I wouldn't have found out about this promotion from WN until a month into the thing.

Their promotion page is really bad. Before signing up for the two links from here, I went to see if it would show up under eligible promotions. Nope.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:45 pm

Not a bad promotion. Like many of you I prefer to book all my flights as one-ways. Will I still get 1,500 pts for each one-way? It's a bit unclear to me because under
My Accounts -> My Rapid Rewards -> View All Registered Promtions
The description clearly shows you will get credit for a one-way as well (see screenshot).

However, if I click into the detailed view of the promotion, there is no mention of the bonus credit for one-ways (unlike the other business select promotion they are running which they clearly state one-ways will get half the points as well). Do I need to worry? I still rather book one-ways rather than RT's. Just an old habit and also I feel it's easier for me to make changes down the road.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by utenick
Their promotion page is really bad. Before signing up for the two links from here, I went to see if it would show up under eligible promotions. Nope.
I didn't see it either, had to click on the direct link from this page.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by uclagee
Will I still get 1,500 pts for each one-way?
I'm going to guess yes since it clearly says:

"Earn 3,000 bonus points on every roundtrip (1,500 points on one-ways) to or from Atlanta, Burbank, Denver, Los Angeles, Ontario, and Orange County."
Old May 15, 2012, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Dunbar
I'm going to guess yes since it clearly says:

"Earn 3,000 bonus points on every roundtrip (1,500 points on one-ways) to or from Atlanta, Burbank, Denver, Los Angeles, Ontario, and Orange County."
Has anyone been able to verify this? Can you confirm that you received 1500 bonus points for a one way fare?
Old May 15, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by bzz100
Has anyone been able to verify this? Can you confirm that you received 1500 bonus points for a one way fare?
I can't speak for this promotion - but I have never had a problem getting the one-way bonus on others (such as the BS promotion).

I typically book one ways exclusively during promos as a change in the reservation later could disqualify you for the bonus in some Southwest promos.
Old May 15, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platnium, SWA A+, CP
I would book 35% off sale if only the website worked

Dear SWA:

Please let me book my flight. Please fix your computer system so we can take advantage of this great sale.

Thank You
Old May 16, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec
Originally Posted by bzz100
Yes it does work fine with one-ways. I didn't notice at the first glance, but you cannot benefit from this promotion if you select BS fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.