Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN's definition of 'around the corner'

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
WN's definition of 'around the corner'

Somehow, I don't perceive my trip that will occur in 6 weeks as being around the corner, but WN insists on spamming me about it.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:12 pm

I'm with you. I don't need to know about my trip. I'm the one who booked it and I know exactly when it is. Just let me know about my delayed and cancelled flights.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:51 pm

I wouldn't mind the reminder about a week out, but anymore than that is just spam.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:40 pm

I often book trips as one ways, so the email about a trip to my hometown and asking if I need a rental car or hotel makes me laugh
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by lougord99
Somehow, I don't perceive my trip that will occur in 6 weeks as being around the corner, but WN insists on spamming me about it.
Yup. I get them all the time, six or more weeks before my trip.

This is pure spam.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Right now I have 5 trips booked as OW's over the next 6 weeks, 10 flights total. I also am booked as my own companion, and "he" gets the emails as well.

I would opt out of the emails if possible, but I fear they might send out one that really is important.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: WN A List, CP, Hertz Gold, Mich Season Tkt, HH Diamond
You can turn those off.. Just hit unsubscribe or go into you email preferences in your wn account. I can't remember how I did it.. But I don't get them anymore..
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I filter them in gmail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.