Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombshell: "Two free flights" CC offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Bombshell: "Two free flights" CC offer

It's back! Southwest Airlines/Chase Bank are offering the two (2) r/t awards after your first purchase.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/productbox
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I was about to newsflash this when I realized that the offer is really for two free one-way trips. In other words, it's inferior to other current offers, including the one for 16 credits plus, after you spend $5k, $500 in gift cards.

I have to say I'm upset that Chase has constructed the offer this way. In isolation it might be borderline acceptable. However given the history in which every similar offer presented free round trips, this is over the line IMHO.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

You're right! My bad. Well, looks like Southwest is being a little tricky then...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
But they could have said 4 Free Flights, meaning with 2 One Ways with a plane change along the way.

I wonder how all the promos that are with Credits will work if they post after 28 Feb? How many points will they give if you were supposed to get 32 Credits?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:33 pm

No, it is for 2 ROUNDTRIP flights, or 4 one ways. It is being advertised on the botton of the Southwest home page as well. I'm pasting the link..scroll down to the bottom of the page, it is advertised in the middle. Sign up for this offer!!!

http://www.southwest.com/
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Great pickup. Thanks!!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Hum - I wonder what the new CC offers will be with RR2.0.... 32RR * 1200 = 38.4k points? Sounds too crazy....

My wife just applied last night with a 32 RR offer from a Novermber email. No time limits listed in the email so we are locked in as soon as they do a hard pull..... Credit is quite good.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Jan 18, 2011 at 9:59 pm
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:10 pm

Looks like the annual $59 fee applies for this card offer, but it is waived for the up to 26 point/$500 gift card offer. I'm having a hard time evaluating which offer is better. Thoughts?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
The fine print says this offer is not available to "previous and existing" cardholders. Does anyone know if they put a time limit on their definition of "previous"? It's been a couple years since I last opened a WN card, got the credits/gift cards and then shut it down.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Montacute
Looks like the annual $59 fee applies for this card offer, but it is waived for the up to 26 point/$500 gift card offer. I'm having a hard time evaluating which offer is better. Thoughts?
If your free flight you want to use it for is greater than $559 (plus whatever fee's and taxes you pay that you don't with a paid flight) this offer is better.

If your flight or flights you might want to take is less than that, the gift card offer is much better.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Well, something is fishy about this offer. Yesterday, it was advertised as two flights, but, yes, I noticed today that on the SW homepage it's advertised as two RT's.

If you click on the homepage link on the bottom, however, it says "2 flights."

Huh?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 6Strong
The fine print says this offer is not available to "previous and existing" cardholders. Does anyone know if they put a time limit on their definition of "previous"? It's been a couple years since I last opened a WN card, got the credits/gift cards and then shut it down.
I'm not so sure they, just because one is a previous card holder, that this disqualifies one from getting a new one. I read further and it seems unclear to me. I cancelled my Chase SW card about 2 months ago. Hmmm, I wonder if I should try.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
I'm sure they would give me the card... but would they give me the RR credits?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
I just signed up for the one RT award plus gift cards and my friend just signed up for this offer for 2 RT awards. We wont get the card for up to 15 days from Chase which would then put the billing date into RR2 most likely. Will they then give RR2 points? I wouldnt think they would since they advertise it as fixed RT tickets.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:04 am

So has anyone figured out if it's 2 free flights or 2 free RT's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.