Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

I don't know whether the reservation system has fares for no published service routes such as CRP-SEA or not. Either way, I expect points bookings to work the same way as paid bookings: if you have to pay $$ for each of two fares, you'll have to pay points for each of two fares. I don't see the points penalty for Anytime fares on unpublished routes as any different from the points penalty for Anytime fares on published routes.

We know that SWA is already investigating a new reservation system. The inability to self-book paid itineraries for cities without published service, however, is a limitation of the web site, not necessarily of the reservation system itself.

Last edited by ftnoob; Mar 9, 2011 at 10:04 am Reason: Insert "necessarily of" on last line
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Can't find this in the thread so I may be re-asking this.

RR 2.0 seems that if there is a seat open, you can use points to buy the ticket. What about if you have an award sitting around in your account after RR 2.0 comes out? Can you use that on any flight?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
Originally Posted by munjalm
Can't find this in the thread so I may be re-asking this.

RR 2.0 seems that if there is a seat open, you can use points to buy the ticket. What about if you have an award sitting around in your account after RR 2.0 comes out? Can you use that on any flight?
No. Still dependent on old-style award seat availability. Who knows how that will be allocated for the next couple of years...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:16 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by KelseyR
RR Visa transfers from 1800IFLYSWA will get 20,000 points. So that will probably be the standard offer now!
I could not for the life of me figure out what "RR Visa transfers from 1800IFLYSWA will get 20,000 points" was supposed to mean. Now I see that Chase is offering a 20,000 point signup bonus for new RR Visa Signature cards.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by ftnoob
I could not for the life of me figure out what "RR Visa transfers from 1800IFLYSWA will get 20,000 points" was supposed to mean. Now I see that Chase is offering a 20,000 point signup bonus for new RR Visa Signature cards.
Oh, I'm sorry, yeah, I meant if you call and get your call transfered to Chase from us then it's 20,000 bonus for the plus card. It made sense in my head!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
YAY!! Made the auto sweep. The rep at HDQ must have been right after all 3/1/10-2/28/11: 50 paid butt in seat flights . 1/1/10-12/31/10 was much less than 50.

Hello Expert7700. A-list Preferred. 0 available points

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 1, 2011 at 4:13 am
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
It will not recognize my account number and password. When I use the 'forget password' link, it tells me that no account exists.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by lougord99
It will not recognize my account number and password. When I use the 'forget password' link, it tells me that no account exists.
yep, I got this at 5:45EST too. I made a new account, thinking there was a reroll process needed. The new account works fine for logging in and checking status, checking activity, etc. (of course everything is 0 and it's he the most basic RR card).

As of 7AM EST , it lets me log in but gives an error when clicking on account details. 2 family member accounts still say bad password, but even the reset pw link won't work. A 3rd family member accoun + the new account I made lets me login, do everything, and show account summary/details without any error.

The reenroll was not in fact needed, but it did give me a shot of looking at all are of a working login. The new account starts with 2xxx and got 250 available points.

I then tried one more time, and my old RR# login worked. It required me to make a username to use as an alternative to logging in with my RR #, and setup 2 security questions.

It shows the status screen window of A-list preferred with 0 points, but now that I checked back when I click account info, or even click logout for that matter I get an error.

I bought 2k points for $50 on a family member's account, and I can confirm it does *NOT* show these 2k points as qualifying towards for companion pass status

A-list status % scren reflects calendar year to date segments only.

CP qualifying poiints % status screen reflects 1200 per old RR 1.0 reward credit earned year to date.

Legacy RR 1.0 awards show up in Promotions->Awarded Promotion .rs

It appears this is the only way to book them-- the new book award link only shows up in $$ or points.

Interestingly, every award shows up as eligible for $50 reissue, even awards that have 11 months of current validity. This is a change from the old system where it only allowed extension of awards ~6 months out. So some caution is needed so you don't pay $50 to extend a 2/1/2011 award to 3/1/2011.

Redeem for more awards takes you to www.awardhq.com
nice thing is you can browse awards without logging in or having a Chase card.

International flight test: Cleveland to Honolulu 4/1-4/4: 128k-161k points required. Expedia type results window. Same dates on expedia show a price of $980-1036. priceline who shows American Airlines like WN is $899-$1023. By my math the 128k points are worth $2133 of free WGA travel.

new chase site is linked on there with a 20k bonus and upto 10k more for balance transfers
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/morerewards

Prior award partially earned: unfortunately I cannot find anything on the RR 2.0 website that makes it possible to see how many old credits out of 16 you have, or to give info to convert points to credit under the 1-time rule. If that's truly the case then shame, shame on Southwest--most people, even if they had 15 out of 16, will either not call or will think they are gone because the website doesn't mention them.

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 1, 2011 at 6:29 am
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:08 am

if the website is ever down or buggy (never happen, right??), the 800-445-5764 automated RR status menu now reports tier status and expiration date.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: HH Silver
I might be one of the few people who benefit from the new 2.0. I earn 90% of my points from partner activity, and most of the flights I take are running in the 6000 point category, so 12,000 points for R/T flight is damn good compared to Alaska airlines. Add non expiring points, and I think the new 2.0 rocks..... of course I could be reading it wrong, but thats how it pencils out for me...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by expert7700
if the website is ever down or buggy (never happen, right??), the 800-445-5764 automated RR status menu now reports tier status and expiration date.
I've gone from login/password not recognized to "We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later." I'll take that as progress ;-)

Meanwhile, I'm on a conference call prior to flying UA to ORD to steam towards the completion of my prem exec challenge.

Prem exec is much better than CO silver in my experience- rather than being number 29 on the checked-in-full upgrade list, you get to be number 2
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by CALimey
Prem exec is much better than CO silver in my experience- rather than being number 29 on the checked-in-full upgrade list, you get to be number 2
1P and Number 2, eh?

I'm at SFO RCC waiting on my international award redemption flight...I'm really curious to find out how many RR points I'll need for the equivalent.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
1P and Number 2, eh?

I'm at SFO RCC waiting on my international award redemption flight...I'm really curious to find out how many RR points I'll need for the equivalent.
Well, I have snagged a couple of F upgrades, it's just not the norm! Not that it bothers me much, tbh.

Enjoy your flight; from the tone of your message I'm guessing that you may be enjoying a class of travel above E+?

;-)

Paul.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by CALimey
Enjoy your flight; from the tone of your message I'm guessing that you may be enjoying a class of travel above E+?
Thanks you sir...it is a class just below F (but literally above it).

But right now, I'm just trying to login to the WN website. It must be LUV.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:39 am

Oh me of little faith...

Flight Depart Arrive Cabin Seats
United 0845
Flight: Confirmed SAN 11:03 AM
Tue, Mar 1, 2011 ORD 04:54 PM
Tue, Mar 1, 2011
First (NF) N/A
Select seat(s)
Upgrade: Confirmed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.