FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1168741-rapid-rewards-2-0-begins-march-1-2011-a.html)

AZChick Jan 6, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi,

I need some help figuring out if this system would be good for me or not. I imported my 2010 account history, and it says I would have had 99,412 points. What does that get me in this new system? Please advise, thanks!

cooger72 Jan 6, 2011 1:09 pm

TQP question

Does anybody know if the bonus points earned by A-List and A-List+ are also TQP. IE, if you're A-List Plus, do you need to do the equivalent of 35,000 points to re-up (35,000 base plus 35,000 bonus) or would you need to do the same amount of paid flying as someone starting off as a base member?

Edit: It looks like from the point simulator that "bonus" points don't help you get to a tier any faster.

jrpaguia Jan 6, 2011 1:10 pm

A lot of the discussion has so far been focused on redemption. It must be highlighted that one ver significant loss is that I can no longer "double-dip" between flight credits and partner credits to earn another CP.

I have a feeling that greater than 25% of current (or up to 12/31/2012) CP holders will be dropping off. Although I did dilute my WN flying towards the last two quarters of 2010, my RR 2.0 point total for 2010 was less than 75,000...A-List Preferred handily but well short of CP. :(

Additionally, as noted above, still no elite privileges for the Companion (even though all CP's will now be A-List, right?). :confused:

And lacking a "family pooling" feature, how about a share/gift points mechanism between RR members?

jbdear Jan 6, 2011 1:12 pm

Two questions for SWABrian (or anyone else with knowledge)

SWABrian -

First - as of 3/1/2011 - will the A-List members go to to A-List only or will some of us go to A-List Preferred?

For people like myself (who flew 50+ one way trips) last year - should we not be classified as A-List Preferred for the rest of 2011? That would make the pain of transition a lot more tolerable (and likely keep me on SWA vs. going to AA full time).

Second - for my CP holders - do all of our CP credits in 2010 just go away (with none of them counting towards CP renewal when 3/1/2011 hits)?

My CP expires 12/31/2011. I have 16.5 credits in Nov/Dec that - if I am reading everything correctly - will be worthless under the new RR 2.0 CP qualification. While a great number of people will benefit with a few free months of extended CP use - are people like me just up a creek?

Please advise. Thank you.

jrpaguia Jan 6, 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by AZChick (Post 15597991)
....I would have had 99,412 points. What does that get me in this new system? Please advise, thanks!

A-List Preferred...but 10,000+ points shy of CP.

If you do LAX-PHX a lot, there's another airline at LAX T1 that you really ought to look at very seriously.

mile ho Jan 6, 2011 1:14 pm

NOT HAPPY

My CP expires 4.30.11 so it will under 2.0 be extended until the end of 2011. But I've already got 110.5 credits toward my next CP. I get nothing for those. Net net I lose 6 months of a CP which I've already qualified for under the old system. So much for grandfathering.

Raw deal for me.

jrpaguia Jan 6, 2011 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by jbdear (Post 15598044)
For people like myself (who flew 50+ one way trips) last year - should we not be classified as A-List Preferred for the rest of 2011? That would make the pain of transition a lot more tolerable (and likely keep me on SWA vs. going to AA full time).

+1,000,000,000,000,000

WN was generous in giving normal A-List and CP extensions to the end of 2012 but without A-List Preferred, as I posted previously, I do not have much incentive to fly WN at all in 2011.

AZChick Jan 6, 2011 1:17 pm

are you talking about us airways? why would they benefit me? id be happy to switch to them...but never thought they were any better fare wise/award system wise than southwest?

tusphotog Jan 6, 2011 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by AZChick (Post 15598086)
are you talking about us airways? why would they benefit me? id be happy to switch to them...but never thought they were any better fare wise/award system wise than southwest?

If it's me and I was commuting on such a short flight, schedule and flight times would be more important to me. Right now, WN has 11 flights/day to PHX and US has 7.

KC Jan 6, 2011 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 15598065)
My CP expires 4.30.11 so it will under 2.0 be extended until the end of 2011. But I've already got 110.5 credits toward my next CP. I get nothing for those. Net net I lose 6 months of a CP which I've already qualified for under the old system. So much for grandfathering.

Raw deal for me.

Nope, the way I read it (and other posts have confirmed it) you will get CP till the end of 2012 because you're already requalified. Bonus deal for you.

I'm in a similar situation (already have my 100 credits and my CP expires 5/31/2011).

nsx Jan 6, 2011 1:25 pm

Raw deal for me.

I believe that you will get CP through 12/31/2012. I have the same situation myself. We should have a definitive answer within a day or so.

cooger72 Jan 6, 2011 1:26 pm

Raw deal for me.

Looks like you're OK per post 205

SWABrian Jan 6, 2011 1:28 pm

confirmation on CP extension

I heard back from our Marketing folks on this issue. A lot of you have asked what happens because you have a CP expiring after March 1, but you have already earned enough credits for a second CP. If you are in this group, your CP will be extended to 12/31/2012.

bon95 Jan 6, 2011 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by jrpaguia (Post 15598021)
A lot of the discussion has so far been focused on redemption. It must be highlighted that one ver significant loss is that I can no longer "double-dip" between flight credits and partner credits to earn another CP.

I have a feeling that greater than 25% of current (or up to 12/31/2012) CP holders will be dropping off. Although I did dilute my WN flying towards the last two quarters of 2010, my RR 2.0 point total for 2010 was less than 75,000...A-List Preferred handily but well short of CP. :(

Additionally, as noted above, still no elite privileges for the Companion (even though all CP's will now be A-List, right?). :confused:

And lacking a "family pooling" feature, how about a share/gift points mechanism between RR members?

not all CP's will be A-List. A-list is solely dependent on Tier Qualifying Points, not total points.

Originally Posted by jrpaguia (Post 15598045)
A-List Preferred...but 10,000+ points shy of CP.

If you do LAX-PHX a lot, there's another airline at LAX T1 that you really ought to look at very seriously.

not necessarily A-list preferred just because she had 99k points. Again, A-list goes back to Tier Qualifying Points.

AZChick Jan 6, 2011 1:30 pm

The points similator told me I had 99,412 points in 2010. What does this mean for actual flights? How much money in WGA fares would I have received and be able to spend? Someone said I would have received A-List preferred status with 99,412 points..but 84,000 of these points were from my southwest credit card. Do points from the credit card apply toward a list status now too? I thought it was only flights. This whole system is way too confusing and i'm so annoyed that Southwest has done this. It was so cut and dry before.