Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food options at PHX or ...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Food options at PHX or ...

I'll be connecting at PHX at a time when I'd like to bring food onboard and have it with a coupon-bought beer. Every day I've checked, the departing flight has used the C11-20 concourse. The concessions showing there on the airport site don't appear that good for items that lend themselves to carrying on and don't need to stay hot. Blue Burrito: perhaps too pungent to be advisable to take onboard? I'll be coming from OAK after a stay in San Francisco: perhaps a Subway at OAK or better sandwich from downtown S.F. will hold up?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
How long do you have? There's a Paradise Bakery outside security at T4. Depending on time of day, it would probably take a minimum of 20 minutes to get the food and through security.

It's been a while since I've flown WN out of PHX so I don't know what security is like these days. I always use the D gate checkpoint since it's smaller than that mess over at C.

Now, if you want 139 people to hate you, bring a couple Cinnabons onboard.

You could always get something from Max's at OAK and bring that with you.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, my layover is 1 hr. 40, but I'd want to avoid an extra TSA check.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:23 am

I always hit yoshi's asian grill in terminal 4. they are right next to wendy's.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by rove312
Thanks, my layover is 1 hr. 40, but I'd want to avoid an extra TSA check.
That's quite a bit of time. If you feel like walking around, head over to the A gates. There's a Fox Skybox that has decent, if unremarkable, bar food. And you can have a tall glass of Stella or Sierra.

Originally Posted by sctn8gp
I always hit yoshi's asian grill in terminal 4. they are right next to wendy's.
Not a bad quickie option at the D gates. ^
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
As the other posters have said, Yoshi's or Wendy's in the D concourse are your best bets. I've taken both on the plane. If you want a decent sandwich, you better do Subway in OAK because PHX's best sandwich option is Paradise (outside of security).
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
That's quite a bit of time. If you feel like walking around, head over to the A gates. There's a Fox Skybox that has decent, if unremarkable, bar food. And you can have a tall glass of Stella or Sierra.
Isn't there one of these in the C pier too? I swear there is one around C5 or something.

Originally Posted by formeraa
As the other posters have said, Yoshi's or Wendy's in the D concourse are your best bets. I've taken both on the plane. If you want a decent sandwich, you better do Subway in OAK because PHX's best sandwich option is Paradise (outside of security).
IMO, Max's in OAK is a much better option than Subway. It's by gate 28.

It's a shame Paradise is outside of security at T4 because that really is the best place to grab a bite to eat at the airport. And their prices are almost identical to the one in Tempe.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Isn't there one of these in the C pier too? I swear there is one around C5 or something.
You're right, looking at the Sky Harbor terminal map, I can see there's also a Fox in C. ^

My most recent PHX layovers have been in the D and A concourses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.