Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can you use a child's RR number for a car rental?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

My 8 year old will be just two credits shy of an award next month when his credits start expiring. Just trying to figure out a non-flight way to get credits before we lose them. I don't have a need for that many Teleflora purchases! Just wondered if I can use his RR number on my car rental or if it has to match the name on the rental agreement and/or credit card. I imagine so, but thought I would ask if it would work, just in case.
THanks
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mkwt
My 8 year old will be just two credits shy of an award next month when his credits start expiring. Just trying to figure out a non-flight way to get credits before we lose them. I don't have a need for that many Teleflora purchases! Just wondered if I can use his RR number on my car rental or if it has to match the name on the rental agreement and/or credit card. I imagine so, but thought I would ask if it would work, just in case.
THanks
i don't think it will work because he's an 8 yo child.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I think it usually works, unless the automated posting fails.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mkwt
THanks

I have done this many times with Hertz.Just put his RR number in the reservation. I can't say whether it works with other agencies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.