Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Another party bought flight for me, how can I add to my RR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I was purchased a WN ticket by someone else, but added EBCI myself. I would like to add the flight to my RR account..do I have to wait until the flight is completed before using "add past flight credit" or is there a way to put into my RR account before the flight?

Or do I have to be the one that pays to retain the credits?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Travel Tools ---> Add Rapids Reward Number

You can insert your RR number, but I believe the reservation will appear only in the account that purchased it. As the display says, "View all upcoming air, car and hotel reservations purchased while logged into your MySouthwest account."
Old Jun 12, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Just call WN and ask them to put your RR # in the reservation.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Just call WN and ask them to put your RR # in the reservation.
You could also simply wait until after the flight and enter the flight info on the website, and you will immediately get credit.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:19 am

Programs: WN, F9, DL
When you check in I believe there is an opportunity to add the RR number. I know you can do this with on-line check-in but since you bought EB you may have to wait until you get your actual boarding pass.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry for this necrobump, but the title of the post matches to what I need to ask (kind of).

Baby Swede (who just turned 14) is flying DEN-MCO-DEN next month by herself to visit a friend for her birthday. The friend's parents bought the tickets (not sure if cash or with RR points). I gave them Baby Swede's full legal name, DOB, RR#, and KTN (for Pre-Check). Looking at the reservation, Baby Swede's RR number is listed, and I added her KTN. I feel bad if they used cash for the ticket, as I would want them to have the points.

Can the friend's parent enter their RR number to earn the points, but Baby Swede could log into the app with her own RR number to get her boarding pass and Pre-Check?
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Sorry for this necrobump, but the title of the post matches to what I need to ask (kind of).

Baby Swede (who just turned 14) is flying DEN-MCO-DEN next month by herself to visit a friend for her birthday. The friend's parents bought the tickets (not sure if cash or with RR points). I gave them Baby Swede's full legal name, DOB, RR#, and KTN (for Pre-Check). Looking at the reservation, Baby Swede's RR number is listed, and I added her KTN. I feel bad if they used cash for the ticket, as I would want them to have the points.

Can the friend's parent enter their RR number to earn the points, but Baby Swede could log into the app with her own RR number to get her boarding pass and Pre-Check?
No. RR number has to the number of the person who is flying.
pseudoswede likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
No.
pseudoswede likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Travel Tools ---> Add Rapids Reward Number

You can insert your RR number, but I believe the reservation will appear only in the account that purchased it. As the display says, "View all upcoming air, car and hotel reservations purchased while logged into your MySouthwest account."
It'll show up under the account of the person whose RR number is associated with the reservation. It won't show up in the account of the person who purchased it.

I do this all the time -- purchase flights either on revenue or points for other people. And it never shows up in my account -- always the person who's flying.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Sometimes it is good to add to an existing post... but then again, people are stuck reading 11 year postings - much of which may no longer be valid.

But - as said, BUTT in SEAT is what counts. Whomever is sitting in the seat gets the points. If they paid with points, nobody gets anything. If they paid with cash, the passenger gets the points.

If you/she do not fly, the cash value goes to the passenger, not the person that bought the ticket. If they used their points, they get the points back to where they came from.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass

No.

The reservation isn't in the name of "The Friend's Parent".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.