Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Credit Days Promo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: Southwest A List, Hilton Gold, Avis First
do phone reservations also count towards the promo?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:38 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Welcome to the RR forum, DrumNum!

SWA fare discount promos are often limited to online transactions, but I can't recall seeing a RR credit promo restricted to online purchases. In any event, if you read the T&C of the promo that interests you and don't see language indicating online purchase is required, then telephone transactions will qualify.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by muflyer
Any chance that the flights which featured double bonuses (Philly-BOS; Chicago) are now doubled again so that you receive 8 credits for a roundtrip?
"Doubling" is in most cases a misnomer. It is usually "one bonus credit." Where multiple bonus credit offers apply they generally do stack. For example some posters reported receiving 3 credits for single intra-CA trips by combining the intra-CA bonus credit with the targeted system-wide bonus credit. There is no way you'll get up to eight credits for a single one-way, but at least three is possible.

BTW, the current situation is highly unusual: two simultaneous system-wide bonus credit offers, one targeted and one available to all. It will be curious to see whether those stack.

Also note that the FGB15 March targeted bonus credit offer was two bonus credits for two flights, and it specifically states:
Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
In this case I think that targeted bonus will probably be granted despite the "non-combinabile" language, but that's just speculation on my part.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by judolphin
WN promos are A-L-W-A-Y-S as you describe... they only apply to those fligths purchased after registration.
In the not-too-distant past, RR credit bonuses seemed to always be given even for previously-booked activity. The change to requiring new bookings is a somewhat recent one (guessing here: 18 months or so?)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by DrumNum
do phone reservations also count towards the promo?
The main part of my e-mail, not the fine print, has
Step 2: Book a flight for at southwest.com or swabiz.com between April 7 and May 26, 2010.
Hmm, that's a direct lift and there's a grammatical problem.

Editing: I see the Web link says
Book a flight for yourself between April 7 and May 26, 2010.
I think it would be hard for them to say it's only good for online booking.
Originally Posted by judolphin
WN promos are A-L-W-A-Y-S as you describe... they only apply to those fligths purchased after registration.
Maybe in the last year they've been that way, but in the past there have been promos giving bonuses for all flights taken during the period, even if they were booked before the promo was announced. Sometimes these bonuses haven't been to my liking, since they meant I'd be getting awards issued and expiring before I wanted to use them.

Last edited by rove312; Apr 7, 2010 at 11:07 pm Reason: Found extra point.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by rove312
Maybe in the last year they've been that way, but in the past there have been promos giving bonuses for all flights taken during the period, even if they were booked before the promo was announced. Sometimes these bonuses haven't been to my liking, since they meant I'd be getting awards issued and expiring before I wanted to use them.
Interesting. I stand corrected. Haven't noticed such promos before.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:58 pm

Well, this is nice. bummer for me that I cant cancel and rebook my LAS - SFO flight, its sold out... :-(

j
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:36 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Well, this is nice. bummer for me that I cant cancel and rebook my LAS - SFO flight, its sold out... :-(

j
If you're feeling lucky (and you're on a Y fare), you could cancel and immediately rebook. Either that, or check back in a day. A lot of times seats open up.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
"Book a flight for yourself between April 7 and May 26, 2010."

Yet another piece of ambiguity in promo language. Happens every time.

I book all my family's trips. While I don't doubt that they would get the bonus, these things really need to be written more precisely. WN, are you listening?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:49 am

since it is not targeted, each person/reservation gets double credits on their own rr, no matter who booked the trip(s).
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rajman
More (or less importantly) - are these promos mutually exclusive? Because I was allowed to sign up for both. Do those of us targeted for the first promo get 3 credits per leg now??
Two people at WN, including one at customer relations (I got through for the first time!) said the promotions run concurrently and are not exclusive. Therefore, a typical one-credit flight earns three. It may now be worth it to start rebooking, even at higher fares.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Yes, promos almost always stack on WN. For example, in on Florida flights promo I'd get a bonus credit for taking off from Florida and a bonus credit for landing in Florida -- 3 credits per flight.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by lrickets
since it is not targeted, each person/reservation gets double credits on their own rr, no matter who booked the trip(s).
But wouldn't each pax need to register, even if one family member typically does all the booking?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
But wouldn't each pax need to register, even if one family member typically does all the booking?
yes, they do need to registered b4 booking. however, the last time they had this promo, i booked my entire family and they each got the credits. and i remembered that i only registered myself.

wn has been good to me.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by gogreyhound
Two people at WN, including one at customer relations (I got through for the first time!) said the promotions run concurrently and are not exclusive. Therefore, a typical one-credit flight earns three. It may now be worth it to start rebooking, even at higher fares.
They are giving out a lot of credits, lately - means there are going to be more free tickets roaming around out there. Does that mean award redemptions are going to get harder to find?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.