Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Opening second RR account & offer / referral code?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I have an old RR account which I havent used in many years and want to close it. I want to open a new one to get the 2 RR credits plus additional 2 credits for subscribing to email.

1) Is SWA okay with having 2 RR accounts?
2) Should I call SWA to cancel my old one?
3) I see an offer code while opening RR account . Is there any offer code out there or any referral which can be of mutual benefit?

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Most of the time WN will notify you "you already have a rapid reward account. if you lost your # or login information call customer service"

No, you are not permitted to have two accounts. It would cause lots of problems (as if there weren't enough already) with partner/rental card redemptions etc.

I've seen people with two accounts made in error get them merged, but WN is always careful to not merge/transfer the new account or email verification bonus credits.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: southwest rr
I made the mistake of doing this without asking first because I was in charge of booking all my stepson's flights and his mother refused to give me his RR number. SW wouldn't give it to me or his father either because we didn't know the password on the account. He was flying at least 2 roundtrips a month and there was no way I wasn't going to get RR credits for him.

When his mother finally caught on that I was using a different account, she demanded that I merge the two. SW RR customer service was VERY rude to me--you'd think I was a criminal--and chewed me out for having 2 accounts for the same person. I had to fax a copy of the divorce decree and beg to get the merging accomplished. Unbelievable. But in the end it all worked out and they merged the accounts and we didn't lose any credits.

I would not recommend doing this. They REALLY don't like it.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ckey

I would not recommend doing this. They REALLY don't like it.
I had two accounts for a while to get two companion passes. One was for a business partner and the other was for a spouse. While I never tried to use both companion passes at the same time, I got a VERY stern talking to when SW ran across it. Now that the downside was CLEARLY explained to me, it really isn't worth it.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:25 pm

2 RR credit cards

I have both a personell and business credit card. Both were opened within 1 month of each other about 6 years ago. I have never had any problem with them. Chase does not ask for any verification that you actually have a business when you open the business account. This may be an option for you. The current (few weeks ago) offer was for 16 credits after making the first purchase, 2 on your anniversy and up to 8 for balance transfers.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by ckey
I made the mistake of doing this without asking first because I was in charge of booking all my stepson's flights and his mother refused to give me his RR number. SW wouldn't give it to me or his father either because we didn't know the password on the account. He was flying at least 2 roundtrips a month and there was no way I wasn't going to get RR credits for him.

When his mother finally caught on that I was using a different account, she demanded that I merge the two. SW RR customer service was VERY rude to me--you'd think I was a criminal--and chewed me out for having 2 accounts for the same person. I had to fax a copy of the divorce decree and beg to get the merging accomplished. Unbelievable. But in the end it all worked out and they merged the accounts and we didn't lose any credits.
Jeez, with an ex like that, I would have been tempted to legally change the kid's name and then open an RR account in the new name, and tell her to pound sand! But that's a bit off topic...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Marriott Platinum, Southwest RR
I want to open a new one to get the 2 RR credits plus additional 2 credits for subscribing to email.

Does anyone have a link to this or any other bonus for signing up with RR? My wife needs an account for a trip we are taking. They said we can't use the same RR# for both tickets. Is there a way around this or am I stuck having to split the points? Thanks for the help and let me know of any bonus point links!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:45 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by bokeyes23
I want to open a new one to get the 2 RR credits plus additional 2 credits for subscribing to email.

Does anyone have a link to this or any other bonus for signing up with RR? My wife needs an account for a trip we are taking. They said we can't use the same RR# for both tickets. Is there a way around this or am I stuck having to split the points? Thanks for the help and let me know of any bonus point links!
I don't know if the email bonus (actually two 1-credit bonuses) is still available. Perhaps someone can find out and report here.

You cannot combine credits from multiple people, as explained in the FAQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.