Wiki Posts
Search

Any luck renaming pasenger

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
Any luck renaming pasenger

Short story - dad was going to visit sister. He's sick and mom is now forced to take time off work. Originally mother wasn't going to travel.

Has anybody had any luck having WN rename the passenger to somebody in the same family without paying the difference to whatever the new fare is? I know it's in the T&C, just wondering if the phone agents have the authority to waive that.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by medic-again
Short story - dad was going to visit sister. He's sick and mom is now forced to take time off work. Originally mother wasn't going to travel.

Has anybody had any luck having WN rename the passenger to somebody in the same family without paying the difference to whatever the new fare is? I know it's in the T&C, just wondering if the phone agents have the authority to waive that.
phone agents do not, but they are glad to cancel & rebook for you at the then-current fare. they will call in a supervisor to fix this for mistakes made while booking etc.

such as: booked 6 family members on the origin, and 6family members on the return, but double booked one of the names on the return, resulting in not having a ticket for little johnny's return flight.

also: booked 2 tickets, now since that date you have a companion pass and want to book the other person as your companion. But the flight is sold out/oversold, and even cancelling your ticket won't result in another ticket being available to book.

also: minor spelling changes to correct passenger's government ID vs what you had booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.