Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double credit to/from MDW and MKE through 5/26/2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double credit to/from MDW and MKE through 5/26/2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC, WN, AA
I don't believe this is an issue. The same thing happened to me with some of the double-credit promos in the fall, and I still got my credit. It appears to me that they will "disappear" from your account once the last day to register has passed - even if you're already registered.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Of course, the old $39/49 WGA fares to and from places like CLE from MDW are now $75. PHL is now $132 each way throughout the eligible period!
Having spent chunks of the last couple of months booking...or attempting to book....various travel, I'm of the firm belief that this is purely designed to ease the pain of some pretty steep fare increases from MDW.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by ok.bye
..Oh also, does anyone know if SWA ever just cancels a promotion prematurely? That would be pretty shady.
No they do not. There was what seemed to be the exception in the CO OnePass => ... => RR credits alchemy of a couple of years ago, but we finally discerned that it was the partners that effectively shut down that fiasco|bonanza. (EDIT: And it must be noted that there is always the possibility|probability that Budget will shut down a partner promotion that involves any partner, including Southwest...)

It's normal to be skittish re disappearing promotion registrations - and no one more than a FTer - but be not afraid with Southwest. I was most impressed when, during the big promos when SFO opened, Southwest's computer was discerning "roundtrips" to|from SFO even when there were several other trips in between, and posting the bonuses.

I do know of a recent instance in which Southwest dropped the ball later on. Several friends signed up for the enrollment bonus associated with the BOS opening. It was billed as "8 bonus credits". When they got six and called, they learned that they had to stay enrolled in Southwest's email programs for two months. (They'd signed up for them at the get-go.) At the end of two months, they called. "Could take six to eight weeks to post." But they didn't post. They called again at my persistent encouragement. (By which time, most, as my friends, would have forgotten all about it.) Two credits posted by the CSR on the spot.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 28, 2010 at 10:41 am
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG
Greetings

A lurker here, jumping in the pool...

I think I am poised for a 10 credit RT this week: MDW to BOS.

Credit 1: Base Credit
Credit 2: Business Select Fare
Credit 3: MDW Bonus Credit
Credit 4: BOS Bonus Credit
Credit 5: Swabiz bonus credit for my company

I've previously had 8 credit RTs when one of the cities is a double credit. If the MDW and BOS stack, this will be a huge overnight trip. Anyway, it's good to finally have something worth posting about!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by doppler
A lurker here, jumping in the pool...

I think I am poised for a 10 credit RT this week: MDW to BOS.

Credit 1: Base Credit
Credit 2: Business Select Fare
Credit 3: MDW Bonus Credit
Credit 4: BOS Bonus Credit
Credit 5: Swabiz bonus credit for my company

I've previously had 8 credit RTs when one of the cities is a double credit. If the MDW and BOS stack, this will be a huge overnight trip. Anyway, it's good to finally have something worth posting about!
The bonus credits will stack...Nice haul. My record was 5 o/w as well when they had triple CA credits and I had a double credit offer. They add up real fast!

And welcome to FT!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
So I never got a call back from customer relations.... Kinda wish they would have called me back. Anyway I did get (2) credits on my flight today.

Just to confirm I did register but it does not show up as a registered promotion for me and it still works! Thanks WN...
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by SKIEL
So I never got a call back from customer relations.... Kinda wish they would have called me back. Anyway I did get (2) credits on my flight today.

Just to confirm I did register but it does not show up as a registered promotion for me and it still works! Thanks WN...
I can confirm as well. Flew FLL-MDW yesterday and got the 2 credits (1 base + 1 MDW bonus) with no explanation online, nor any record that I registered for the MDW promotion.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by blueroyal24
I can confirm as well. Flew FLL-MDW yesterday and got the 2 credits (1 base + 1 MDW bonus) with no explanation online, nor any record that I registered for the MDW promotion.
Did you register? Or is everyone getting the bonus on MDW flights?
Old May 14, 2010, 8:32 am

Could anyone confirm that they were registered for both the MDW/MKE 2x promotion and the systemwide double credit offer (ending may 31) and the offers stacked?

Just completed the first leg of MDW-CLE-MDW yesterday (should net 3 credits per leg) but only received 2 credits for the first leg (with no explanation so cant tell which promo the 1 bonus is from). Should I expect the 3rd one to come a few days later?
Old May 14, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I received 3 credits for MDW-MCI last month (all on one line in my WN "credit detail" page, it posted within hours of my boarding) - I would call & ask why you only got 2.
Old May 14, 2010, 9:31 am

This offer says you must book the flight by March 31. The systemwide promotion says you have to book after April 7th. I don't see how you can get both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.