Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double credit to/from MDW and MKE through 5/26/2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double credit to/from MDW and MKE through 5/26/2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
If one flys between MDW and MKE, does one get 3 credits each way?
You can't book directly between MDW and MKE. Their res system doesn't even allow the city pairs to book as an itinerary. However, if you're truly addicted to RR credits, you can book two separate o/w trips via MCI or BWI (or points farther south or west - MCO, TPA, PHX, LAS). This should result in 4 credits each way:

MDW/MCI + MCI/MKE = 4
MKE/MCI + MCI/MDW= 4

I might even be going to MKE this weekend, but this seems a little extreme when it's 70-ish miles by car. But I wouldn't underestimate the motivation of other FT'ers.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Changed one of my three existing non-award flights as it was the same price. The others cost too much to change to make it worth it. This helps as I'm in the homestretch of requalifying for A-List by mid-June (it expires mid-April) and now I'll shoot to renew it by May 26.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Their website has been finnicky about booking a non traditional route. I get unable to price errors booking CLE-STL-MCI on the 2 morning weekday flights with 30 min layover. I don't get the layover error , just unable to price itinerary.

From my experience last weeek, if you call reservations they CAN get a supervisor to book a MDW-MKE flight with one stop. They can get it to price out to the sum of each one way trip, but it definitely takes a CS supervisor. I had to give the booking agent my payment info, rr # etc, and then she passed it on to a superviosr.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: status-less.
deleted - info already above in earlier post.

Last edited by jtaft; Feb 15, 2010 at 1:29 pm Reason: deleted - info already above.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Of course, the old $39/49 WGA fares to and from places like CLE from MDW are now $75. PHL is now $132 each way throughout the eligible period!

Well, there is a $54 for SDF.

Wish there were flights between MDW and MKE. 2 credits leaving, 2 arriving, 2 leaving, 2 arriving. EIGHT!

Watch those DINGs! I sure will be.
I'm in the same boat. Book RT april flight to tampa from MDW a couple months back for 69$ each way. Wouldn't make sense to rebook at the raised fares

Question from the newbie (me)

Anyone successfully registered for one of these promotions and get the promotion applied to already booked travel? I know it says it only qualifies for new reservations but just wondering...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Credit Run w/ Cubs Game May 1st?

Does anybody here want to see the Cubs on Saturday May 1st (vs. Arizona), starting at 12:05? I'm very tempted to fly in and out that day for the double credits (currently $59+ each way from ISP).
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
FWIW...

The promo links:

Chicago
Milwaukee
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Did anyone else see the $48 Ding fare from MDW to MCI earlier today? I hadn't seen below $52 in awhile. Double credits, here I come . . .
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by honey4life12
Did anyone else see the $48 Ding fare from MDW to MCI earlier today? I hadn't seen below $52 in awhile. Double credits, here I come . . .
You do know that this only works when MDW or MKE (and now PHL) are your trip's origin or destination - not connecting - cities... I mention this because I see that you are based in Austin. Though that doesn't have to have anything to do with it. And of course you can put your earning on steroids by breaking each direction into the segments flying into and beyond MDW.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by Firewind
You do know that this only works when MDW or MKE (and now PHL) are your trip's origin or destination - not connecting - cities... I mention this because I see that you are based in Austin. Though that doesn't have to have anything to do with it. And of course you can put your earning on steroids by breaking each direction into the segments flying into and beyond MDW.
Thanks for your post Firewind.

Yes, I had already found a cheap AUS-MDW segment for a round about way of getting to MSY for work. Had a day to burn, so I added in separate MDW-MCI segments, connecting on next departing plane with separate reservation. AUS-MDW (2), MDW-MCI (2), MCI-MDW (2), MDW-MSY (2) = 8 credits on 4 separate reservations for approx same price as special work rate of AUS-MSY (1). Missed the booking timeframe for Florida or I would have added a *stop* in MCO or FLL from MDW

Haven't had this much fun with bookings and flying since I was in college and all online segments were 2 credits each and you could book separate reservations on what was going to be your exact routings/connecting flights all along the way (e.g., MAF-ABQ (2), ABQ-PHX (2), PHX-LAS (2), LAS-california somehwere (2) on the exact same routings/planes/connections as MAF-cali destination (2) (so 16 credits each RT instead of 4) or my personal favorite in the 2003-2004 era when someone would give me $200 to fly to HOU, MAF or AUS-DAL (2), DAL-HOU (2) and back for 8 credits instead of 4 (although, I would actually get those $29 fare sales of HOU-DAL and add in another 1 or two RTs btw those cities to get and additional 4 or 8 credits for a 12 or 16 credit total). Of course, the check-in agents would always just look at me.

Helped me get a CP while still in college though, so
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I should have known better...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
I have signed up for this offer and have actually flown and received the bonus.

Yesterday I went to book flights and it did not show up in the "my promotions" section. I did call Southwest and inquire via the normal call in number to see if I'm still signed up. They were unable to help out and could not tell if it was listed on my account. They suggested I just sign up for it again... well that does not work since you needed to sign up by the 10th.

I will call a number have at customer relations tomorrow and let you all know what I found out or maybe SWABRIAN might already know something about this. I do wish the response had been more definitive than "Why dont you just try signing up again and call us back if it does not work."

I do not know if it's actually an "issue" or not but thought I should at least let you all know there might be something to watch out for... I have a bunch of flights to book and do not want to have to do them 2x if I do not have to.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by SKIEL

Yesterday I went to book flights and it did not show up in the "my promotions" section. I did call Southwest and inquire via the normal call in number to see if I'm still signed up. They were unable to help out and could not tell if it was listed on my account. They suggested I just sign up for it again... well that does not work since you needed to sign up by the 10th.

I will call a number have at customer relations tomorrow and let you all know what I found out or maybe SWABRIAN might already know something about this. I do wish the response had been more definitive than "Why dont you just try signing up again and call us back if it does not work."

I do not know if it's actually an "issue" or not but thought I should at least let you all know there might be something to watch out for... I have a bunch of flights to book and do not want to have to do them 2x if I do not have to.
I am also missing it under My Promotions tab. I am pretty sure I signed up for it and have a flight in a few weeks so hopefully the credit will post.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: status-less.
I had signed up for both and they both used to show up in "my promotions". Somewhere around 3/10 both disappeared from my list of active promotions. Re-signing up today for both gives the message "The Rapid Rewards account number entered has already been registered for this promotion. Nothing else needs to be done to enroll in this promotion."

I continue to be impressed with the size and scope of the backwards leap in what used to be a simple, streamlined and efficient web site.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SKIEL

Same exact thing happened to me too. I fly in and out of MDW at least every other week. I signed up for it, flew, and received the bonus credits for a few weeks. Then one day, that promotion mysteriously disappeared from my Promotion list, while other ones I signed up for still showed up. So I was bummed because I just assumed that SWA just decided to cancel this promotion. But I just flew last week and noticed that they still credited me my bonus credit. I'm guessing it's just a system glitch, so no need to worry...I think.

I already have my flights booked thru the end of the promotion period, so I'll let you guys know if I stop getting these credits.

Oh also, does anyone know if SWA ever just cancels a promotion prematurely? That would be pretty shady.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.