Wiki Posts
Search

Another website downgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.
Another website downgrade?

My employer requires that any air travel be booked using their contracted travel agency. Under no circumstances may I book my own travel online. This has caused a continuous problem in that the agency has rarely, if ever, been able to correctly attach my Rapid Rewards number to the reservation.

So I've been trained to dig up the PNR from the company's emails, look it up on the SWA website using "retrieve/email air reservation", and then if the RR account number is not present call to get it fixed. Then, being the anal person I am, I go back a few minutes later and check the SWA website again to make sure my RR number was correctly attached. And that last step is necessary - a couple times digits were transposed by the phone CSR and a follow-up call required to fix that error.

I've always had to do it that way because, of course, flights not booked online do not show up in your upcoming itineraries list under "my account" on the website. My employer does not use SWABIZ and has categorically rejected every suggestion that they should on the basis that they want one and only one booking portal for all travel on all airlines.

Today I'm as usual following that algorithm and now find that the SWA website refuses to allow me to look up the flight. I have the PNR correct as online checkin gives the error message of "you're too early" as opposed to "reservation not found". But the problem is trying to VIEW the reservation online. The error message it now gives me is

We're sorry, we were unable to retrieve your reservation from our database. Verify the following:

* The confirmation number is entered correctly.
* The passenger name on the reservation is entered correctly.
* The reservation was purchased online via southwest.com or swabiz.com or mobile.southwest.com. Purchases made through Southwest Vacations, Southwest Groups, Southwest ticket counters, or other Travel Agencies cannot be accessed online.
* If you have questions or require further assistance, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

(SW301019)
So now I have to rely on the phone (with it's long delays) and can obtain NO written record that my RR number was correctly attached to any PNR my employer purchases? This is wrong!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Sounds like you might need to find a new Employer
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:39 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I assume of course that the Add Rapid Rewards Number feature on the website didn't work before and still doesn't work now?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.
In the literally hundreds of times I've looked at the site, I've never seen that. Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:15 pm

Well, you should have complained about this problem sooner so we could have pointed you in the right direction.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:58 pm

you can add your rr acct number during the checkin process as well.

back to my rock....
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by wuds
you can add your rr acct number during the checkin process as well.
If one is A-List that is not really convenient though.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Pres. Circle, WN CP, CO Onepass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by jtaft
I've always had to do it that way because, of course, flights not booked online do not show up in your upcoming itineraries list under "my account" on the website.
Maybe I'm late in the game, but why does Southwest still not support this "feature". (I use the word feature in quotes since by now I think us consumers have come to expect websites to be able to do something as simple as display all itineraries with the same RR number attached)

Even flights accidentally booked on SW.com instead of SWABIZ.com don't show under my account. Most other airline/hotel programs can show me all of my reservations when I login, no matter how I booked them.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:27 am

Southwest tracks itineraries only by whether you were logged in when you booked them. While I can understand why it would be good for it to just know them by RR number, on the other hand I find the way it does it to be very useful because I can just book all of my trips for myself and my wife in my account and they are all in there instead of being in each of our accounts.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Pres. Circle, WN CP, CO Onepass, Delta Skymiles
I can see the advantage of having reservations that you book for others, like your wife, display under your account but that's not mutually exclusive to also ensuring all of your flights (regardless of booking method) from displaying.

It's like I have "lost" flights if I book over the phone and have to keep track of the conf # separately.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by Beckles
Southwest tracks itineraries only by whether you were logged in when you booked them.
I don't think that's true anymore. For the past few months at least, trips that I book for my wife while logged in to my account also show up when she logs in to hers.

Originally Posted by pj_flyer01
I can see the advantage of having reservations that you book for others, like your wife, display under your account but that's not mutually exclusive to also ensuring all of your flights (regardless of booking method) from displaying.
+1
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:00 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
This lack of functionality is weird to me too, since I'm used to AS' system that will let you track any itin in your account if you know the confirmation code & pax's last name.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
I know that previously I couldn't see a reservation made by phone...

However, recently I made one via phone and then used the Add RR # feature to add my # to the profile (kinda important to have it on there in advance for the A-List checkin). That PRN was then available on my itineraries and was then editable / cancelable / change-able online... I think it used to be the case that once a CS touched it, it was theirs...
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:04 am

Same Problem - And Now a New One Too

My employer also requires ticket booking via their on-line contracted site that doesn't interface with Southwest. So I always need to add my rapid reward number manually on the SW site after booking via my company travel site (need to wait 1/2 day or so usually). So far, that's always worked for me as long as I use the SOUTHWEST reservation number. I've never found a work-around.

But now a new problem - for the last year or so, even though I've manually added my RR number ahead of time, I don't automatically get credit for the flight. I need to go the WN site and use the "request missing credit" feature - which results in the credit being added INSTANTLY (to include an e-mail confirmation). So I'm not losing credits but it's a pain in case I forget or lose the WN confirmation number after the flight. Also seems odd that the system "knows" my RR number but it doesn't link to the reservation in advance - only after the fact.

I would also really welcome WN tracking and displaying all future flights reserved to the RR number (regardless of how booked) as other airlines seem to do on their sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.