Wiki Posts
Search

SW Site Down?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
SW Site Down?

Hi all, have been trying to check the SW site to make a booking the last 2+ hours and for some reason can't access the site. Anyone else having similar issues?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
I was using it most of the morning trying to book a hotel. Just went to it again and it's still up for me....
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:51 am

Tried a T24 OLCI without luck on my PC but did get in with the IPhone app.
ISP is RoadRunner. No problem accessing with ATT.

Last edited by carraher; Oct 16, 2009 at 11:35 am
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:09 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by CGNC
Hi all, have been trying to check the SW site to make a booking the last 2+ hours and for some reason can't access the site. Anyone else having similar issues?
CGNC - We have not heard any other reports of this issue . .it could be something with your ISP . .like maybe they need to refresh their DNS server.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

When today's DING! arrived I was unable to view the offer page. I tried to view the main page but it was loading exceptionally slowly; very few of the basic graphic files had loaded after 10-15 seconds. The "ghost image" version of the toolbar was visible, but not the blue version. Clicking the "book travel" link was unsuccessful. m.southwest.com loaded normally on my PC, however.

All seems OK now, but I wanted to note the OP's experience was shared by others.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 2:15 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by ftnoob
When today's DING! arrived I was unable to view the offer page. I tried to view the main page but it was loading exceptionally slowly; very few of the basic graphic files had loaded after 10-15 seconds. The "ghost image" version of the toolbar was visible, but not the blue version. Clicking the "book travel" link was unsuccessful. m.southwest.com loaded normally on my PC, however.

All seems OK now, but I wanted to note the OP's experience was shared by others.
Thanks ftnoob -

We also have noticed that some graphics (including graphical buttons) are not loading, and we have IT monitoring the websites performance.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
With both FireFox and IE7 I have been unable to book a RR flight for the past 15 minutes. it keeps telling me 'session expired - login again' after I select dates/times and continue.

Additionally, on the 'book RR ticket' page, the 'Select Frequent Trip' drop down list does not display, and you have to refresh the page in order to get it back.

What the heck is going on??

Update: working 20 minutes later. Go figure....

Last edited by DallasBill; Oct 19, 2009 at 1:34 pm
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am trying to use the seat finder to look for award seats.. except it keeps showing me ticket prices on the calendar.

This, along with recent non-functioning links, is somewhat disturbing.. not typical of southwest.com at all..!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by izzik
I am trying to use the seat finder to look for award seats.. except it keeps showing me ticket prices on the calendar.

This, along with recent non-functioning links, is somewhat disturbing.. not typical of southwest.com at all..!
I noticed this a few days ago, and pointed it out to SWAVictor. The link has been fixed. Try clearing your cache. It's working for me.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

ok, back to normal. whew!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:58 am

DOA as of 07:00 CST.

Tried both FF and IE.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
same for me. I can't get into the site
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: WN CP
It's working for me.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: SWA
me too
Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:59 am

Now working for me also - must have had some glitches on their end as a few have had problems logging on a certain times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.