Where to Have Dinner at MIA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to Have Dinner at MIA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, 2MM Mile
Today's New York Times has an article on dining in airports, and starts off in Miami. The author, Matt Gross, even mentions FlyerTalk.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/12/21...21airport.html
Old Dec 20, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by JHark
Today's New York Times has an article on dining in airports, and starts off in Miami. The author, Matt Gross, even mentions FlyerTalk.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/12/21...21airport.html

He could have done a better job describing the lack of anything edible in gates C,D or E. It's the worst I've ever been too and that includes the airport in Slovenia. That was 100% better than this spartan nightmare.

apologies to all who have gone over this in the past, you know how it is your first time...
Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by GuatemAlA
is a real, sit-down, restaurant with real food and real beverages. Take the elevator up from the hotel lobby, which is outside security smack in the middle of E. It is pleasant, quiet, and a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the airport.
I use to work at MIA & unless things have changed I can vouch for this & also I've never had a bad cuban sandwich anywhere in Miami including the airport...one of many things I miss.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Another vote here for the restaurant in the MIA hotel - it's a haven of calm away from the madness of the terminal.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
is a real, sit-down, restaurant with real food and real beverages. Take the elevator up from the hotel lobby, which is outside security smack in the middle of E. It is pleasant, quiet, and a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the airport.

Ditto! This is a pleasant and fairly priced restaurant with a great view of the airport perimeter. The service is first class and the choices are numerous. I don't think you'll find anything close to the quality of this restaurant. In nice weather, you can also step outside and have a drink poolside. Just wish I could recall the name but it is part of the terminal hotel complex.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA; USairways; United; British Air
A lot depends on which terminal you're in there and how much time you have to walk around before you have to get to your actual gate. Here's a quick overview of some of the better choices there:

http://www.planeteye.com/ArticleFull...Eats+4393.aspx
Old May 24, 2009, 7:16 am

FYI... Top of the Port hours
The panoramic views of the Top of the Port Restaurant provide a great spot to enjoy a blend of American Continental Cuisine in an inviting comfortable setting. Hours of Operation:Breakfast 7am-11am, Lunch 11am-4pm, Early Bird 4pm-5:30pm Dinner 5:30pm-11pm
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE
is there any decent food AFTER security (air side)?

I love La Carreta and eat there every time I fly in/out of MIA. this time on a layover, and I just don't know if I can exit and go through the line again. Is there anything decent in D/E that doesn't require you to go through security again?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kboo
I love La Carreta and eat there every time I fly in/out of MIA. this time on a layover, and I just don't know if I can exit and go through the line again. Is there anything decent in D/E that doesn't require you to go through security again?
La Carretta has been relocated inside security (so for a few months?? now)

mike
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

There is a La Caretta booth landside in the baggage claim area (lower level), however I don't know if they have any food items or if it is only a coffee and beverages stand.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:04 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Generally, I love Cuban food. Conch fritters, OTOH, give me indigestion.

Never been to La Caretta at MIA, but I'll be at MIA in about 2 weeks on my way to MAD. Thinking of passing up the Flagship Lounge in favor of La Caretta. How is the Lechon Asado there, and how are the Maduros? Any recommended dishes? Is the one that is airside open again, or not?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

Actually, the airside operation (opposite Gate D38, IIRC) is the newer (and larger) site - it opened earlier this year. I think that the original landside operation has re-opened as well.

Cuban is not my favorite cuisine, but I have gone to another Miami location with friends, and the food seemed fine (pork chunks and ropa vieja were good).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.