Weather in Orlando

Hi all

I was just wondering what the weather is like in Orlando mid September time
around 16th to 21st.

Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:11 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
September... warm. Since you're English, it will be HOT. It might rain. It's hurricane season as well.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:13 pm

Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
I think it's gonna be partly cloudy with a chance of rain around 3PM. You can also try here:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...nav_undeclared
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
This better fits the Orlando Forum so please follow it there.

Old Jun 10, 2007, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Hot sticky and a good chance of a daily downpour around 3 or 4pm which will last for about 30 minutes.

It's also hurricane season.

If you're looking at Disney free dining plan promotions - there's a reason they only do it at that time.

I had to cancel a Sept trip twice 2 years ago. Every weekend I picked had a hurricane
Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:34 pm

Programs: CO, Hertz, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Hot sticky and a good chance of a daily downpour around 3 or 4pm which will last for about 30 minutes.

It's also hurricane season.

If you're looking at Disney free dining plan promotions - there's a reason they only do it at that time.

I had to cancel a Sept trip twice 2 years ago. Every weekend I picked had a hurricane
It will probably be hot and humid, but I've also been there around that time and had lovely weather with humidity only on the final day of a trip.

Hurricanes are a possibility, but don't be scared off from booking the trip. Instead, make sure you buy trip insurance.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:57 pm

Being a Orlando inhabitant year round I would have to say that GoGiants hit it on the head. This year we are having a bit of a drought but the summer showers seem to be getting underway this week as normal...just a couple weeks late. It will be mostly sunny with a showers in the late afternoon...exact time depends on what area you are in. But 2 - 4 is the general time.

Don't let hurricanes scare you. The last hurricanes that hit Central Florida was 2004 and those were the first in 40 years.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
While I agree with you regarding Hurricanes, I always make sure I warn people of the potential for at least miserable weather in the event a hurricane hits or even passes Florida during their stay.

I've been down their often enough to know that the weather at that time of year is often very good (no hurricanes or massive rain), but a trip to Disney often is a big deal for a lot of people, so I mention that the possibility exists.

Heck, I even tried to go there myself in 2004, and both weekends I had reserved (the original and the rebook) had the very unusual hurricane.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelbot

Don't let hurricanes scare you. The last hurricanes that hit Central Florida was 2004 and those were the first in 40 years.
My wife and son were at Disneyworld for Hurricane Charley. We have a great picture of the sky, half black and half beautiful blue.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Gold.
I was driving from Orland to St Pete Beach a couple of weeks ago when Barry hit.

I've never seen rain like it, we could only see about 30 metres in front.

Cheers

David
Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Humid!! Be ready to change your shirt by 11am. The heat is bearable the mositure in the air is what chokes you. But the sensation of the A/C and 2% humidity as you enter that hotel lobby are heavenly! Enjoy!
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
hot hot hot

Despite the fact that the weather here "can be" nice in September, the bottom line is that Orlando is hot hot hot in September 99% of the time, and as many have pointed out, the humidity is often stifling. If you are coming to Disney/Universal with kids, I strongly recommend that you arrive at the parks in time to set foot inside the minute they open, go fast and furious with a plan for all the rides that are most important to you, and be finished by lunchtime. Then head back to your hotel for a nap and spend the afternoon by the pool. It's what I always recommend for our many guests, and they always say it's the most sensible way to plan the trip. Just my two cents as an Orlando resident and former Disney guide...
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Hey, I know your question has already been answered, but everytime I scroll down the list of sub-forums in the U.S. forum and I see this thread title, I laugh and say "HOT and HUMID." I live near Orlando, so I can attest. I just want to finally get it off my chest and put my two cents where it belonds, haha!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Hot and Humid. With capital H's.

And it will probably rain at least a little bit each day.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 5:16 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by AndrewHearne
Hi all

I was just wondering what the weather is like in Orlando mid September time
around 16th to 21st.

Thanks
I live about 2 hours from Orlando (and near the ocean) - and mid-September is about the time when my husband and I start to get crazy from the heat and go someplace else (it seems it should cool down by September - it's fall - but it doesn't really until October or later).

That said - you have gotten excellent advice about the best way to visit places like Disney that time of year (do a lot early - relax by the pool in the afternoon - and then go out after dark). Remember to keep well-hydrated. Note that Disney has misters which can cool you off - but - unlike those in Arizona (where the humidity is zero) - they will leave you a bit damp. So wear some of that zippy new quick drying clothing. Robyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.