Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miami-Refused entry on confirmed reservation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Miami-Refused entry on confirmed reservation

My Dad, brother, my self, and my step mom, all of us dressed nice, arrived at Pearl in Miami with a confirmed reservation. There is a bouncer there. It is a restaurant, but you need to get past the doorman.

There were two groups of men in front of us. They all stated that they had reservations, bouncer said no, and rudly asked them to leave.

It was now my dad's turn. Bouncer did not have our reservation, asked us to leave. We asked to speak to someone inside, he said no, to leave. We called conceirge, he said we had reservations, confirmed again with Pearl (hostess inside), we then told bouncer, he said leave. We assked to speak to the hostess by name, he said no, leave. Dad tried to slip him a fifty, he said leave.

10 pretty "hot" 21 or so year old girls show up, no reservation, they are let it.

Behind them, more people with reservations, told to leave, they are not on the list.

We left, and went to china grill.

My dad had been there twice before, and wanted to show me the restuarant. He would have spent at least $500. I bet the young girls ordered no food, and drank water, or cheap straight vodka.

We were out 30 minutes in time, embarrassed, and out a $45 cab fare. Why take reservations if you are not going to honor them? ALso, this restaurant will go broke. Allowing in only pretty girls, not that there is anything wrong with young pretty girls, and not having any people that can actually pay, plus pissing off customers, will not make for a long term success.

Has anyone else had this happen at Pearl.

I sent an email to the conceirge to boycott the restaurant.

Old Sep 3, 2003, 8:34 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
That stinks!

Would I be correct in assuming the following:

Pearl is not a place to that one really goes to for the food, it is the scene that is the draw?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 3:48 pm

coplatsat:

You will find those "hot" places all over the world: Sylt/Germany, St. Tropez, Costa Smeralda, L.A., NYC ...
When you are not looking "interesting enough", get one of this funky girls and they will let you in..
BTW, how was your dinner at the china grill?
Mrs. USAFAN & I are every month or so in Miami Beach and/or Coral Gables.
People say that the Sunday Brunch at Biltmore Hotel is super (and expensive!).
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by coplatsat:
We called conceirge, he said we had reservations, confirmed again with Pearl (hostess inside), we then told bouncer, he said leave. We assked to speak to the hostess by name, he said no, leave. Dad tried to slip him a fifty, he said leave.
</font>
I'd have given the bouncer 5 minus 4 with my middle finger. Then made sure I told the concierge about the jerks. Those guys talk to other folks in the hospitality business and once the word gets around, it can put a dent in their business.

BTW, if the concierge could get ahold of hostess inside, why didn't you get phone number and ask for manager. I think letting him know they're keeping out high dollar patrons might get his attention.

[This message has been edited by GeorgeBurdell (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Reminds me of the bouncers London just throw out of the industry... Miami could do with chucking out crime record infested bouncers as well....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.