Search

Charleston - Lunch Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Charleston - Lunch Recommendations

Hi All and CHS Locals

With flights booked to CHS in early April 24 (in order to visit The Masters) I am now looking for restaurant recommendations in CHS. We will have three days there before we go to Columbia where we have our hotel to visit the tournament.

I am wondering if anyone of you has restaurant (lunch) recommendations for Charleston? Interested mostly in local cuisine (but of course open to other recommendations). Can practically only do lunch or early dinner as we have a 2 year old in tow

I remember from last year that I've seen an Oyster bar (at King St?) opening at 12pm with a large queue outside, I am wondering if you would recommend that place?

Many thanks
Daniel
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I will throw some out tomorrow, but Charleston is kid friendly for the most part. A couple I think are especially family friendly. Also there are some great breakfast and brunch places.
Where are you staying in Columbia? Since you are in the UK, For a true southern experience, I would recommend a meat and three at Lizard’s Thicket. Chain restaurant but a traditional southern meal.

ETA: we liked Prohibition and Toast for brunch. Poogan’s Porch was good southern food and is kid friendly and open for lunch. Husk is a great high end restaurant and is open for lunch on weekends. Maybe an early dinner there.
Duck1981 likes this.

Last edited by pbiflyer; Dec 21, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I will throw some out tomorrow, but Charleston is kid friendly for the most part. A couple I think are especially family friendly. Also there are some great breakfast and brunch places.
Where are you staying in Columbia? Since you are in the UK, For a true southern experience, I would recommend a meat and three at Lizard’s Thicket. Chain restaurant but a traditional southern meal.

ETA: we liked Prohibition and Toast for brunch. Poogan’s Porch was good southern food and is kid friendly and open for lunch. Husk is a great high end restaurant and is open for lunch on weekends. Maybe an early dinner there.
That's already great - thank you. We are in Columbia quite downtown, in the Aloft.
Old Today, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbiflyer

Husk was great - thanks for the recommendation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.