Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to MIA for a 5:30 am flight weekday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Getting to MIA for a 5:30 am flight weekday

Right now our hotel reservation is in South Beach. I want to keep it there, and figure the 20 minute taxi ride should zoom at 3-3:30 am. But...accident, taxi no-show, etc.? We could switch to an airport hotel but honestly sometimes it seems those shuttles take just as long even though they are closer. I also saw there is a hotel right inside the airport but it sounds like a real dump.

WWYD?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GfL
I’d call a Lyft/Uber. Miami (especially South Beach) is a late-night town, and I assume there would be rideshare drivers aplenty at that hour. I live in New Orleans and have never had a problem finding a driver in the wee hours.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:08 am
Original Poster

We're older and don't really want to do Uber/Lyft (personal preference). I believe Miami taxis to/from the airports and cruise ports are flat fares (at least pre-Covid they were). Asked the hotel and they said no problem at all getting a taxi. Just have to get up early and go.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I do this about once per year. I live 80 miles from Miami, but if I am doing an early MIA nonstop, then I just head down the day before and stay at one of the hotels downtown (usually on Brickell). There is no problem getting a car/ taxi at 4 or 5 am. It will take at most 20 minutes to get to the check-in counters. There is sometimes a rush in the early AM, but usually after 6am. 5am is going to be dead quiet, I don't think the larger club at D-30 even opens until 5:30am.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, sounds good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.