Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Arriving ATL @ midnight, hotel & car rental ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Planning a trip to Athens, GA this fall. Will be arriving ATL @ midnight. Will spend the night at an airport hotel. Would it be best to pick up rental car first & drive to our hotel or wait til the next morning to get the car. Not sure if car rental places are open at midnight. Thanks.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by philemer
Planning a trip to Athens, GA this fall. Will be arriving ATL @ midnight. Will spend the night at an airport hotel. Would it be best to pick up rental car first & drive to our hotel or wait til the next morning to get the car. Not sure if car rental places are open at midnight. Thanks.
RCC is open past midnight but not all companies are. Check yours against their website or via an app.

Go to your hotel and then pick up the car in the AM. Will save money on hotel parking and car rental rates.

David
pbiflyer and writerguyfl like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Think about this when you pick the hotel. Some airport shuttles stop at midnight, others are 24/7, at least preCOVID-19. Can the shuttle give you a ride to the car rental place directly in the morning, or must you first go to the terminal?

If the little train to the rental car facility operates 24/7 (or late enough for your flight), try to stay at one of the airport hotels in the cluster near the other stop of the line (IIRC including a full service Marriott and a Renaissance, all fairly new). If you can manage your luggage, this would make you independent of hotel shuttles.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks to both of you. Good info. Working on trying to get an earlier flt.
SkyTrain takes one to 4 hotels: http://apps.atl.com/Passenger/Ground...n/Default.aspx
Old May 14, 2021, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks to both of you. Good info. Working on trying to get an earlier flt.
SkyTrain takes one to 4 hotels: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport | Official Website
Regardless of the airport, my priority after a late arrival is getting to the place where I will lay my head down. I also try to take advantage of lower rental car rates by going off premises the next morning. I’ve yet to find an airport hotel shuttle that will take me to the neighborhood Enterprise, and the Enterprise shuttle will definitely not take you back to the airport, but I can save enough on a weekly rental car not to worry about the cost of a couple Uber rides.
philemer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.