Search

Open lounges at MIA June 12?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Open lounges at MIA June 12?

Hello:

I have a four-hour work call this Friday that ends 90 minutes before my three-hour flight on AA from Miami. This is a call where I will be doing significant talking and running various software programs intermittently, so I need my laptop, electric power, and a quiet environment notwithstanding my headset. I live in Palm Beach, so the 90-minute drive to MIA precludes doing this from the car.

I would like to conduct this session from a quiet lounge, and I am a member both of the Admirals Club and of Priority Pass. However, the two options I use at MIA are both currently closed (all AA clubs, plus the Turkish Airlines lounge in terminal E.) My flight departs from terminal D. Any ideas for a quiet spot anywhere in the Miami airport this Friday, June 12?

Thank you.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
If it's open, try the Viena restaurant on the 7th floor, use the elevator in front of E that takes you to the hotel. It's quiet, large, and generally quite empty. If you order a meal, leave a nice tip and sit in a corner, they'll probably leave you alone for 4 hours.There are also a number of gates in D that don't seem to be used at this point with many fewer flights, so you may have one to yourself.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
^Thank you for the recommendation, I did use the Viena restaurant on the seventh floor of terminal E. BTW, they are not currently honoring the F&B credit for Priority Pass, but that was a secondary concern for me.

After asking where I might sit for several hours, the waiter and I selected the lounge-like area behind reception, which has nice chairs, electric power, and small tables ( I did have a light lunch while running my conference call ). No one else came into that area, and there were only a smattering of customers throughout the afternoon. The MUZAK was rather loud, and no one could turn it down. But I managed by keeping my mute button handy. All in all, this was a successful alternative to the currently-closed Admirals Club.

The AA terminal D was fairly busy BTW. No real space for physical distancing in the seating areas by the gates, especially the upper D gates from which I departed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.