Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

FL Destinations / Hotels for lazy beach weekend away?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FL Destinations / Hotels for lazy beach weekend away?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Gosh I hadn't gotten many replies at first and so had kinda forgotten about this post... but we are now finally looking to do this trip so I thought I'd check back..... Thanks for all the replies everyone!!
Gonna read through them and check out all the suggestions!
Thanks!!
Old May 17, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Last edited by CharlotteB; May 17, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old May 17, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Also, I also agree with the Sandestin Hilton as well. It is a nice property with most of the usual "resort" amenities and the Destin beach there is beautiful, wide with soft, white, powdery sand. But I would suggest staying away from the Pensacola Beach Hilton resort. It is a dump and I'd rather stay at the Hampton Inn with few resort amenities next to it rather stay there.
We've actually stayed at the Hampton Inn on Pensecola Beach on one of our previous trips down there, and no kidding it was actually really nice. Basic but clean room. Balcony with relaxing view. Not too busy, as it's a smaller hotel for the area. AND their little bar bar the pool was awesome.. nice bartender and reggae music playing!
Honestly some where like this, smaller, quite, relaxing, but maybe a step up in quality / luxury would be ideal!!
Old May 18, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CharlotteB
We've actually stayed at the Hampton Inn on Pensecola Beach on one of our previous trips down there, and no kidding it was actually really nice. Basic but clean room. Balcony with relaxing view. Not too busy, as it's a smaller hotel for the area. AND their little bar bar the pool was awesome.. nice bartender and reggae music playing!
Honestly some where like this, smaller, quite, relaxing, but maybe a step up in quality / luxury would be ideal!!
The DoubleTree Island House in Gulf Shores just opened and is receiving decent reviews. $500/night is steep for a DT, but the points redemption is strong.

Island House Hotel Orange Beach, Alabama Beachfront Hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.