Search

MSY Facilities

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
MSY Facilities

I've got an upcoming flight out of Concourse C - is each concourse behind a separate security checkpoint? Also, is there a worthwhile place for a light lunch? (Also, would there be more than a 10 minute line for Precheck on a Monday afternoon?)

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've got an upcoming flight out of Concourse C - is each concourse behind a separate security checkpoint? Also, is there a worthwhile place for a light lunch? (Also, would there be more than a 10 minute line for Precheck on a Monday afternoon?)

Thanks
Yes.
No. Eat before going to the airport.
No.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
Yes.
No.
THIS +1 especially the eating before you get to the airport.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
Yes.
No.
A couple of follow-up Qs.
1) Can you go through any security checkpoint w/a same day BP for the airport? And if so,
2) How much time would you allow to leave the DL lounge to get back to C for a VX departure?

(I also note that C shows a Vino Volo, which is a pleasant place to spend 30 to 45 minutes, if need be.)
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
A couple of follow-up Qs.
1) Can you go through any security checkpoint w/a same day BP for the airport? And if so,
2) How much time would you allow to leave the DL lounge to get back to C for a VX departure?

(I also note that C shows a Vino Volo, which is a pleasant place to spend 30 to 45 minutes, if need be.)
TSA rules only require a same-day boarding pass. So they may try to turn you away because they think you’re lost, if they do so just tell them you’re going to the lounge. They should let you through. If they don’t, you should feel free to ask to speak with a TSA supervisor. Or just go to the Vino Volo. (If they have one, it’s new to be; I don’t recall seeing it.)

As for how long to allot to get back to C, the walk is easy, but the length of the line can vary significantly. They do usually have both a pre-check lane and a premium lane if that helps.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The Vino Volo is new, I noticed it for the first time Thanksgiving weekend. It's located near where the the concourse splits, by the spiral stairs down to nowhere, same area as the Zatarain's kitchen.

Five minutes should be sufficient to walk from the Delta club in D to the C checkpoint.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
The Vino Volo is new, I noticed it for the first time Thanksgiving weekend. It's located near where the the concourse splits, by the spiral stairs down to nowhere, same area as the Zatarain's kitchen.

Five minutes should be sufficient to walk from the Delta club in D to the C checkpoint.
I just sat at the bar at Vino Volo - a perfect place to spend 30-40 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.