Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Metrorail or drive from Dadeland to MIA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Retired :)

I just moved to Miami and live very close to the Dadeland South station. Will it be convenient to take the train to MIA or is it just better to drive?

I travel weekly, my company pays for my mileage and parking, so cost is not an issue. I've noticed if I have a noon flight, my drive is free of traffic congestion, but if I have an early morning flight, I hit a lot of rush hour traffic so the train would be nice to be able to avoid that traffic.

I've been to the Metrorail website and it's not very helpful. Approximately how long will it take to travel from Dadeland South to MIA? Anything else I should know about the Metrorail?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Traveller
I just moved to Miami and live very close to the Dadeland South station. Will it be convenient to take the train to MIA or is it just better to drive?

I travel weekly, my company pays for my mileage and parking, so cost is not an issue. I've noticed if I have a noon flight, my drive is free of traffic congestion, but if I have an early morning flight, I hit a lot of rush hour traffic so the train would be nice to be able to avoid that traffic.

I've been to the Metrorail website and it's not very helpful. Approximately how long will it take to travel from Dadeland South to MIA? Anything else I should know about the Metrorail?

Thanks!
Does Dadeland Station allow overnight parking? IIRC only a couple of the stations do. My suggestion is to take LeJuene road to MIA.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can walk to the Dadeland South station, so I don't need overnight parking.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:09 pm

Both Bing and Google provide Metrorail/Tri-Rail routes on their map pages. Bing says it's 49 minutes from Dadeland to MIA. You will need to transfer from the train to the MIA people mover.

Map on Bing: http://binged.it/1EH7tuR
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Make sure to board an Orange Line train at Dadeland station to ensure that you reach the airport. Don't take a Green Line train!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you all! I think I will drive tomorrow since my flight leaves at 12:45pm and will not hit rush hour traffic. I'll try the metrorail some day when I don't have a flight.

I clicked on the map link on the Metrorail website and it took me to google maps and I only found the bus route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.