Mini Road Trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton DIA, Accor Plat, IHG Spire, Marriot Titanium Elite, Total Rewards Diamond
Mini Road Trip

Looking for ideas for a mini road trip from Miami, ending up in Tampa.
2 brothers, 1 convertible Mustang (Hopefully its dry!), first class flights and 6 days and 5 nights.^

We will be arriving into MIA from CUN on the 7th January 2016 at 10am, and flying back to the UK from TPA at 9pm on the 12th January.

Looking for ideas of where to stop along the way on the drive up. (Ideally maximum of 2-3 hours drive each location).

Interests are:
Beaches
Outlet Shopping
Good Eating and Drinking (American, BBQ, Seafood)
Things we cant see here in the UK (Auto-sport? Everglades Airboat? Driving on the beach?)

So far, we only have Kennedy Space Center, Going to see Miami Heat? and South Beach on the list.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Last edited by Simmonds87; Mar 24, 2015 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I would take the 'stang for a spin down through the Keys. You don't have to go all the way to Key West, but get a flavor for it.

The Everglades are something you shouldn't miss. Shark Valley would be an option.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
For BBQ, if you are planning on driving up the east coast to Kennedy Space Center, I would recommend Park Avenue Grill in Port St. Lucie. If driving up the west, or gulf, coast, I would recommend Famous Dave's in Fort Meyers. My preference in Central Florida is Dave's, but if the road trip is for BBQ, keep driving to Austin, TX.

Have fun, there is plenty to do in Florida.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.