Search

Miami Restaurant Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Miami Restaurant Recomendations

Hi

I am currently planning my honeymoon for next July. We will be staying at the FS in Miami for two nights and I am looking for restaurant recommendations.

Trip Advisor rankings suggest the run of the mill restaurants you can find in most American cities.

Does anyone have any recommendations. Given that it is our honeymoon we are looking for someone special but not stuffy.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
FS? Not sure I know that.

Do you want something specific to Miami or just really good? Price no object?
Cuban food is obviously a specialty as is seafood. Outdoor dining on Lincoln Road mall people watching is fun.
Some great views as well, but you may be sacrificing quality there.
Will come up with some ideas in the next couple of days.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
FS? Not sure I know that.
Four Seasons.

Do you want something specific to Miami or just really good? Price no object?
Cuban food is obviously a specialty as is seafood. Outdoor dining on Lincoln Road mall people watching is fun.
Some great views as well, but you may be sacrificing quality there.
Will come up with some ideas in the next couple of days.
Something really good. Price isn't an option. Not bothered about view. Its our honeymoon so something memorable!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ola is my go to dinner spot in Miami:

http://www.olamiami.com/
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Given that it is our honeymoon we are looking for someone special but not stuffy.
You're describing to a 'T' Michelle Bernstein's restaurant Michy's; however, she and her husband closed it four months ago, with the intent to reopen with a new concept and menu.

For a special occasion I'd consider La Mar by Gaston Acurio, at the Mandarin Oriental
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Hi

I am currently planning my honeymoon for next July. We will be staying at the FS in Miami for two nights and I am looking for restaurant recommendations.

Trip Advisor rankings suggest the run of the mill restaurants you can find in most American cities.

Does anyone have any recommendations. Given that it is our honeymoon we are looking for someone special but not stuffy.
I would look at Azul at the Mandarin Oriental. Best in Miami in my opinion, very much high end but not stuffy (Miami generally not a stuffy place). Also easy walking distance from your hotel. Current menu is here http://photos.mandarinoriental.com/i...ul-dinner-menu

Yelp.com is a better resource than Trip Advisor for restaurants, maybe take a look through through there and compare to the various recommendations people have given you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.