Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

One Dollar Flights

One Dollar Flights

Old Feb 26, 13, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

One Dollar Flights

The air taxi company ImagineAir which operates in the Southern and Eastern US (and with whom which I'm affiliated) is opening a public standby program which might be of interest to some regional travelers here.

During a promotional period they are allowing customers to purchase the company's empty/standby legs for a single dollar... no kidding. After the promotional period I believe flights will range from $49-249. Sign up at the link below with the promo code FLYERTALK and mention your username in the comments if you'd like an invite:

http://standby.flyimagineair.com/apply/

[edit]
Here's the press release for those who may be in total disbelief
http://www.prlog.org/12087883-imagin...ne-dollar.html

Cheers!

Last edited by ryanegt; Mar 6, 13 at 10:14 pm
Old Feb 27, 13, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Interesting idea.

Is the $1 the all-in price, or are taxes and fees charged on top of that?

Once a particular flight shows as available for standby, can members confirm it then, or do they need to go to the airport and wait until departure time like a typical standby?
Old Feb 27, 13, 9:33 am
Original Poster

The $1 is all in - no extra taxes or fees (or if there are they are covered by the company).

From IA: The customer who purchases the standby fare is immediately listed for the flight and should arrive at the airport with their passengers no later than 15 mins before the confirmed departure time. The airport terminal address is provided in the automated confirmation email.

If a bump or cancellation occurs between the time purchased and departure time, ImagineAir will notify the customer and provide a refund or place the customer on another standby leg if one exists.
Old Feb 27, 13, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by ryanegt View Post
If a bump or cancellation occurs between the time purchased and departure time, ImagineAir will notify the customer and provide a refund or place the customer on another standby leg if one exists.
Will that $1 refund be in cash or to the original form of payment?
Old Feb 27, 13, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Will that $1 refund be in cash or to the original form of payment?
Since you have to pay with a credit card I believe they would refund the dollar that way... although it would be extremely amusing to have the pilot just hand you a dollar
Old Feb 27, 13, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks to Jackal who shot me an email on this I signed up. I may as well as I live 68 miles from GSO and 15 from RDU. Plus, with my new job I now have 16-17 days off per month so I have to fill them somehow!
Old Feb 27, 13, 3:27 pm

I didn't even know Mount Holly NJ had an airport (and I grew up near there).
Old Feb 27, 13, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Thanks to Jackal who shot me an email on this I signed up. I may as well as I live 68 miles from GSO and 15 from RDU. Plus, with my new job I now have 16-17 days off per month so I have to fill them somehow!
Damn... I live in ATL so I figured this is a good way to pick up new lines for Flight Diary.
Old Feb 27, 13, 6:06 pm

I applied- who knows something interesting might pop up.
Old Feb 27, 13, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Did anyone get accepted today? Friend at the company said they were going to be generous with the FlyerTalk promo code which is awesome. Hope it works out for some people.

Also if you got accepted keep in mind you might also have the ability to invite others (I think 1-5 invites per person). I'm out of them right now but have the inside track for more if IA is being slow about it
Old Feb 28, 13, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
^
Originally Posted by ryanegt View Post
Did anyone get accepted today? Friend at the company said they were going to be generous with the FlyerTalk promo code which is awesome. Hope it works out for some people.

Also if you got accepted keep in mind you might also have the ability to invite others (I think 1-5 invites per person). I'm out of them right now but have the inside track for more if IA is being slow about it
I did, I set my profile up today and got an email confirmation already ^
Old Mar 5, 13, 4:19 pm

Got my invite and set up a profile. Not sure I'll ever use it, but it'd be fun to have a few random lines on my map. In looking at the standard pricing, it actually wouldn't be terribly expensive to fly 2 or 3 people between some of these airports.
Old Jul 22, 13, 1:35 pm

Has any FlyerTalker been on any of those flights yet?
Old Jul 27, 13, 2:04 am

I've signed up and I currently see two extremely short hops offered in Georgia, for 39 and 89 Dollars respectively. But I can't find the date for those flights.

Search this Thread