Wiki Posts
Search

Seaside, FL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Seaside, FL?

Anyone been? I'm looking at it for a trip sometime later this fall, but it doesn't appear there are many options for hotels outside of the rental houses, which are pretty big for our needs.

I'm also not a big beach person - I can do that at home - so what I'm really looking for is a quaint Gulf Coast town with boutique shopping and unique restaurants. Will Seaside deliver, or are there better options?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Have you looked at St Augustine?

www.FloridasHistoricCoast.com
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:58 am
Original Poster

St. Augustine is unfortunately too far east.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: All of the Above
Seaside is great. Expensive, but really nice. No hotels around though. Make sure to visit Bud and Alleys and Red Bar. Also it you want close but not as expensive look into Rosemary Beach and Sandestin. There's tons of little boutique shops and villages all up and down 30-A.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Sandestin is a little too close to home, haha. Guess it's back to the map for me - the no hotel thing is probably a deal-breaker. The two of us just don't need a house for three days.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by lovely15
Anyone been? I'm looking at it for a trip sometime later this fall, but it doesn't appear there are many options for hotels outside of the rental houses, which are pretty big for our needs.

I'm also not a big beach person - I can do that at home - so what I'm really looking for is a quaint Gulf Coast town with boutique shopping and unique restaurants. Will Seaside deliver, or are there better options?
I want to know where the beach is in DFW.

Second the recommendation of Destin. Quaint little city, lots of shopping, dining, drinking, etc. Touristy Ft Walton Beach just a 10 minute drive away.
Grayton Beach, always top rated, a 15-20 minute drive away.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:25 am
Original Poster

I live in DFW part time.

Live in Fort Walton the rest of the time, so you can see how Destin's a little too close to drop money on a hotel room. :-)
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Maybe the WaterColor Inn? It's within walking distance to Seaside.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:34 am

Watercolor is a great luxury hotel option without huge price tag. Make sure you book through a Virtuoso advisor to receive the amenities. They even give an amenity to guests who book a rental home. It's a quaint New England feel, beautiful beach and sunsets. There are cute shops and restaurants. Also, October isn't high season so there will be promotions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.