Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intra-SA Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM & 1K, DL MM, AA 2MM, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Intra-SA Travel

I am taking a cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago in January and am trying to piece together some Intra-SA travel around my AA award ticket into GIG and out of GRU.

Specifically, I am looking to fly GIG to EZE and SCL to GRU but am only finding flights at approximately $400 each ($800 for the two flights). Is this "the going rate" or am I missing something in my searches?

Many thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Try pricing GIG-EZE, then SCL-GRU-GIG. Or price GRU-EZE, SCL-GRU and get a one way ticket GIG-GRU.

I feel ya. I'm trying to get a one way GIG-LIM and it's pretty $$$.

Also, some travel agencies down in SA might be able to get you a better ticket. So far one I emailed (entirely in Spanish, though), has offered me a better deal than I could find online...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One-way full Y on Aerolineas GIG-SCL is around 350. Stopover at BUE is free.
LAN have a half-reasonable one-way fare SCL-GRU (300ish).
Not REALLY cheap, but bearable...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:10 am

- If you're doing an award ticket you can do 2 international stopovers and an open jaw. And if you want, you can do a domestic stopover. So, you could do your destination-GIG(stop)-EZE(stop)... GRU(open jaw)-to your destination. All on miles !
- then you travel on cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago
- Get a one way ticket from SCL-GRU (the only expense out of pocket)
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ElvisNYC
- If you're doing an award ticket you can do 2 international stopovers and an open jaw. And if you want, you can do a domestic stopover. So, you could do your destination-GIG(stop)-EZE(stop)... GRU(open jaw)-to your destination. All on miles !
- then you travel on cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago
- Get a one way ticket from SCL-GRU (the only expense out of pocket)
It's unfortunate that this isn't clear in the award rules (without reading the entire sticky thread). There's one time I could have avoided some backtracking if I knew an open jaw could be added to the stopover I had.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
It's unfortunate that this isn't clear in the award rules (without reading the entire sticky thread). There's one time I could have avoided some backtracking if I knew an open jaw could be added to the stopover I had.
You're right, it's so unfortunate ! I have so many friends who I explain this to and they're happy to know that you can add more segments and spend less money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.