Search

What to do/where to go for 12 hour layover at SCL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Gold
Red face What to do/where to go for 12 hour layover at SCL

Hi,

I will transit through SCL to IPC in late December and there is 12 hour lay over at Santiago. Any place worth going for that window? Thanks....
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
I would suggest visiting Cerro Santa Lucia. It's the big hill in the center of the city. There are some nice views to be had. Also, try visiting the fish market along the river. There's plenty of good food to be had there. I also really enjoyed going to a restaurant called Nuria. They serve some DELICIOUS and HUGE sandwiches. There are a couple of those places downtown near Paseo Ahumada (pedestrian zone). It should be near the U. de Chile metro stop. Also, check out La Moneda. It's the presidential palace. Lots of history to be had there. There's a good history museum not too far away as well. You could also visit the Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts). There's plenty of nice cafe's around there.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Originally Posted by Turbojet
Hi,

I will transit through SCL to IPC in late December and there is 12 hour lay over at Santiago. Any place worth going for that window? Thanks....
Take a guided city tour. there is a lot to see in SCL.
BTW , IPC is " OUT OF THIS WORLD ". I was there last FEB.

Cheers Michael.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:43 pm

Programs: Iberia Platinum
Originally Posted by gvandora
I would suggest visiting Cerro Santa Lucia. It's the big hill in the center of the city. There are some nice views to be had. Also, try visiting the fish market along the river. There's plenty of good food to be had there. I also really enjoyed going to a restaurant called Nuria. They serve some DELICIOUS and HUGE sandwiches. There are a couple of those places downtown near Paseo Ahumada (pedestrian zone). It should be near the U. de Chile metro stop. Also, check out La Moneda. It's the presidential palace. Lots of history to be had there. There's a good history museum not too far away as well. You could also visit the Museo de Bellas Artes (Fine Arts). There's plenty of nice cafe's around there.

Best of luck.
good advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.