Search

EZE-AEP-Iguazo enough time?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 2:47 pm
JMR
Original Poster

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
EZE-AEP-Iguazo enough time?

Planning trip to EZE, would like to see Iguazo.

Land in EZE at 10:20 am, need to clear customs, etc.

How quickly can I make it to AEP? In time for 2:20 pm flight?

If I plan to return from Iguazo to AEP the next day at 2:30pm , will I have enough time in the morning to see the falls?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
If you arrive in EZE on schedule, you should have plenty of time to make the AEP flight. Seeing Iguazu in that amount of time would be pushing it. I would suggest that you stay at the Sheraton inside the Park. By staying in the Park, you could see some in the afternoon and evening and get a very early start the next morning.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, Starwood, Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by JMR
How quickly can I make it to AEP? In time for 2:20 pm flight?

If I plan to return from Iguazo to AEP the next day at 2:30pm , will I have enough time in the morning to see the falls?
That should be plenty of time to get to AEP. We took a cab from EZE but there are buses too.

I agree with mgmsteven that one day is way too short for Iguazu. We stayed two days, which was perfect. If you're not likely to go back a second time, really try to stay an extra day.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
As for transportation between EZE and AEP, Manuel Tienda León bus/remis connections should get you from one airport to the other in about an hour...
http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/prehome.asp
Old Feb 20, 2006, 5:47 pm
JMR
Original Poster

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Thanks!

Thank you for the information.

I trust the advise given, so I'll make it two nights. However, the Sheraton is only available for the first night. Any suggestions for the second night?

I am considering finding a place close to the airport that is clean so I can catch a morning flight back to EZE, assuming I spend all the previous day at the falls. (check-out early, leave bags with bell captian, claim them upon return from day at the falls.)
Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I recommend the boat trip to the falls. Be forewarned though, it is more of a thrill ride than a sightseeing ride. It is fun but you will get completely soaking wet.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by prspad
As for transportation between EZE and AEP, Manuel Tienda León bus/remis connections should get you from one airport to the other in about an hour...
http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/prehome.asp
Yes, if he doesn't have to wait 20 minutes or more for the bus to leave EZE, then about an hour is right.

3 hours is plenty of time for the connection. 4 hours is more than plenty. [My biggest problem with US-EZE/AEP-XYZ happens when my US-EZE flights get cancelled and/or I need to get rerouted into EZE. When that happens, then my schedule relying upon a 4 hour connection window gets wrecked.]
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:02 pm

Programs: Northwest, Starwood, Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by JMR
I am considering finding a place close to the airport that is clean so I can catch a morning flight back to EZE, assuming I spend all the previous day at the falls. (check-out early, leave bags with bell captian, claim them upon return from day at the falls.)
Are your travel dates flexible? Here's what I would do ...

You'll arrive at Iguazu around 4 pm, so just stay somewhere in town. Stay at the Sheraton the second night. Then you can stay inside the park the whole time you're at the falls. You can probably drop off your bags at the Sheraton in the morning and check in that afternoon or evening.

Then if you can change it to an afternoon flight back to EZE, you can squeeze in the Brazil side the following morning.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
As an alternative to visiting the Brazilian side of the falls in the morning you can do the Mancuco Nature Trail. It's not as well publicized, but I really enjoyed it. The main draw is the potential to see capuchin monkeys. The trail ends at a waterfall that is pretty and feels rewarding after the hike, but the waterfall is nothing in comparison to the main falls.

Some suggestions/comments if you do it
-get a map and explanatory brochure from the info desk outside the main gate
-the trail starts to your right just past the entrance to the main train station
-they're not kidding when they say to wear insect repellent. I only noticed bugs a few times, but I still got bit near my wrist/hand (where I didn't cover too well)
-I was able to see toucans and 2 separate monkey groups/families. Walk slowly and quitely and listen for trees rustling from the sound of monkeys jumping
-go early. I started around 7:45-8 am. On the return there was no sign of the monkeys.

(As a side note, don't skip San Martin Island. The view of San Martin falls from the island is spectacular.)

Have fun - whatever you do, it's amazing!
Old Jul 10, 2006, 5:15 pm

Nevermind, we're not going to risk such a tight connection.

I imagine, however, that a 6:50pm arrival into AEP is enough time to make a 10:55pm departure from EZE?

Last edited by haveric; Jul 11, 2006 at 8:30 am Reason: travel plans changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.