Search

Skiing in Chile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Skiing in Chile

Hello

Has anyone ever gone skiing outside Santiago Chile? Best resort, how's the snow - powder like west coast or more ice and freeze like east coast. Appreciate any info and recommendations
Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
We used to use Farellones when our knees were in good condition.

My recollection is powdery snow but we were there very early in the season.

Take a minibus from northern Santiago up the mountain and returned the same way.
QDDawg likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:46 am

Portillo is a really easy drive (if I recall, like 2/2.5 hours) from Santiago and it's a beautiful resort/mountain. It's been quite a while since I was there, so not sure how updated it's been...
If you have an IKON pass, Valle Nevado is included and that's less than a 2-hour drive from Santiago.

Skiing in Chile is fantastic and it's much more like skiing in the Rockies than east coast. The Andes are serious mountains. To me, skiing there was a fun mix of out west and Europe, in terms of being able to do some off-piste and how relaxed everything is.
GUWonder and QDDawg like this.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Thank you - we just booked our flights and will probably stay at hotel Portillo as seems to be the place to be. Thanks for your feedback on the snow and temps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.