Wiki Posts
Search

Is Easyfly safe/reliable

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Is Easyfly safe/reliable

Hi,

I know these types of questions get asked all the time, but in your experience is EasyFly a safe and reliable airline?

My wife and I need to get from Pereira (zona cafetera) to Medellin. The two options are: (1) taking an Avianca flight with a layover in Bogota (bigger plane), but takes 3 hours in total and flies into the int'l airport of Medellin, or (2) take a direct flight with Easyfly to the domestic airport of Medellin (45 minutes). The latter is clearly way better in terms of convenience, but they use small prop planes so I am worried about space for luggage (we will have 1 large suitcase + 1 carry-on each, but apparently there is no room for carry-ons in the cabin) and having to pay a lot of extra bag fees. Ticket prices are comparable.

Also I am a bit of a nervous flyer so the thought of getting on a small prop plane in Colombia makes me a little apprehensive.

Thanks for your input.

Nathanael

Last edited by ngg971; Oct 31, 2017 at 9:50 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Just bumping this thread in case someone had information.. More specifically has anyone experienced issues with maximum baggage allowances since they fly small planes?
Thanks for your help..
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Free agent!
I'd never even heard of them until I read your post but curiosity got the best of me and I was able to dig up two TRs, both of which seem to reflect a decent airline experience.

https://medellinliving.com/easyfly-airline-review/
https://parkerday.com/trip-report-easyfly/
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Cheers, well thanks for the info! I managed to get on the phone with them and may or may not be able to check in an extra bag, depending on how full the plane is..
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Easyfly is a reputable and safe airline but they do have sucky IT. I resolved a problem earlier this year where they did not send out tickets or anything, the flight is in December and I still do not know when the flight arrives in EOH, only when it leaves PEI

You can resolve problems via WhatsApp. I just sent them a question regarding your luggage. The answer is thus

You have an allowance of 5 kilos hand luggage and 15 kilos of checked luggage (This is actually more generous than ADA)

Your checked luggage must be no greater than 25x40x61cm and your hand luggage must be no more than 35x15x20cm

If you have an excess then you are charged COP5600 per kilo for your route. So say you flew to Colombia with a 50lb allowance then that is 23kg and you would have to pay COP5600x3 which is US$5.54

I am also unhappy flying over the Andes on such a plane, I do not even like flying to Manizales in an ATR which is substantially bigger. You are going to get shaken around by mountain wave turbulence so have a stiff drink beforehand

Hope this helps
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:57 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ngg971
Cheers, well thanks for the info! I managed to get on the phone with them and may or may not be able to check in an extra bag, depending on how full the plane is..
Adding to this. If EasyFly is anything like ADA which is another tiny airline also operating out of EOH, if the plane is full you are getting your bag on the next flight or definitely the next day and they will bring it to your hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.