Wiki Posts
Search

Beisbol in COlombia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, american, alaska
Beisbol in COlombia

I know there is a professional league and there appear to be at least 4 teams. What I'm having more trouble finding is actual schedules and, specifically, when the season ends. I am contemplating a January trip and the schedule could influence my itinerary. (I have enjoyed going to games in Japan and in the Dominican Republic, as well as having been to games at every existing Major League ballpark and several of the minors.)

Anyone have any suggestions on finding the schedules?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:21 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Here it is. I found it out of curiosity

http://www.lcbp.com.co/2016/images/L...2017_-_PDF.pdf

This timetable raises more questions than it answers.

There indeed are 4 teams, the schedule shows games 2-5 January and then the rest of the month they seem to have numeric place holders. I don't know if each team has a number, or it's their position in the league. I think you can assume there are games and know what time they start but not know for the time being who is playing, and therefore where they will be playing
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I've been here for almost a decade and had no idea this existed.

Here is the homepage associated with that calendar:

http://www.lcbp.com.co/2016/

They do have a contacts tab with an email address. Maybe it would be worth sending an inquiry to get more details.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, american, alaska
Gracias!

My understanding is that there is a playoff system about as arcane as what MLB has come up with in the Wild Card era. So that is probably what is going on later in January.

Unfortunately, it looks like I might not be able to take off the week I had in mind anyway, due to some complex work-related issues. But it's good to have the links for the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.