Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile Internet in Santiago

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, PC Plat, SPG Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Mobile Internet in Santiago

Can anyone recommend reputable company to offer mobile internet in Santiago and around Santiago (Chile)? I have unlocked phone and can work with local SIM card or alternatively mobile router will work for me too. Quality/coverage is more important for me then price in this case.
According to this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...s-tourist.html Movistar may be the best option, but I am interested in opinion of those who tried it already.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:11 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Here are my experiences in Chile

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17760367-post215.html

As you can see I tried Claro and Entel. When I went to Chile more frequently previously I always had Entel, I kept the same chip for multiple visits but that was just GSM, before mobile data was widespread. You used to be able to buy an Entel chip from just after immigration at SCL.

As you see from the above link, my data experience with Entel sucked last time I went

Would also be keen to know if people are having better experiences with Movistar
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:18 am

RE: Movistar

Movistar is famously awful, to the extent it has nicknames: inmovilstar, malestar... Do not go that route. Pretty much anything else is better. There are relatively cheap prepaid plans you can buy or unlimited data monthly plans without a contract, but do not expect speedy connections, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.