Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First/ Business Configuration SAA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2001, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

First/ Business Configuration SAA

SAA/ Delta advertise a "new" configuration for the SAA 747-400 fleet used on the JFK/ATL - JNB/CPT route. SAA will not tell me what plane they will be using till the day before departure.. Any idea where I can find out what plane will be used??
Old Nov 15, 2001, 9:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
I follow this route pretty closely and haven't heard about any "new" configurations. They did overhaul F about three years or so ago and move toward fully flat sleeper seats and 80" pitch (or close to it) on their ultra-long-haul equipment.

I can't speak for business class on SAA, but in F South African has several different configurations on the 747-400. They're just minor variations. On some, there are three rows of two on each side (12 seats), on others there are a couple of extra seats in the center rear of the F cabin (14 seats). In either case, you can bank on three rows of 2+2 seating and sleeper seats -- unless something major has changed, which I really doubt.
Old Nov 16, 2001, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Robert
The 12 seater configs are the Philipine airline 747-400's yes they are sleepers.

The 2 configurations of 14 are not sleepers big recline - but no sleepers

Ne NEW configuarion (with swissair seats) have 3 singles down each side and 2 double sin the middle.

http://www.flysaa.com/in_flight_info......_cabin.html

The 14 seater configuration SUCKS and is hardly worth the $ for first. SAA plays a shell game with their customers not tellingthem till 3 days befor what configuartion will fly --

my question-- does anyone have inside info on how I can find out what config is flying (is scheduled to fly) on what day.

[This message has been edited by petercbm9 (edited 11-16-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.