Wiki Posts
Search

Does SAA Flyertalk Forum say it all ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Does SAA Flyertalk Forum say it all ?

I have a bunch of airline forums i frequent , and always it is SAA that has had no new threads or new posts to threads for sometimes a period of a week. I remember back a couple years ago when there was maybe at least a new thread everyday or so. I really think this shows how SAA is going , losing flyers and especially frequent flyers who used to frequent this place. I know for me it is BA/Comair now when flying domestically.

Just thought i would put this out there ... thoughts ?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:39 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I have a bunch of airline forums i frequent , and always it is SAA that has had no new threads or new posts to threads for sometimes a period of a week. I remember back a couple years ago when there was maybe at least a new thread everyday or so. I really think this shows how SAA is going , losing flyers and especially frequent flyers who used to frequent this place. I know for me it is BA/Comair now when flying domestically.

Just thought i would put this out there ... thoughts ?
That is certainly where I am at.

I have all but deserted SAA (just almost used up my Voyager miles during the 'sale'to get two J seats CPT/JNB in March, then I have about 14000 left).
When I was still working, I would fly SA from CPT to LHR and FRA (plus JNB and DUR). And with my Voyager Amex card I got companion tickets so we bought a D fare to Europe getting the second one (which then still booked in C) free.
Then a) I stopped working, so travel decreased and was for my own account only, b) the Voyager programme changed in such a way that it became unattractive for people with my travel profile and c) the terms of the Voyager Amex changed (no rollover of miles if you spent R40K and the companion ticket went from R60K spent to R160K spent)

So now we fly BA / Comair domestic and EK international and are happy as the proverbial Larry!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:51 pm

While SAA is certainly experiencing problems of a grand magnitude, I still find this forum valuable and entertaining. SAA has traffic to the USA and Europe and there are always questions, issues, etc. that come up for new pax on these routes and old hands as well. Also, I've noticed that SAA is lurking around and does seem to "spot" issues coming up and trying to work with the poster involved. I think its valuable and it is one of my regular FT reads every time I open FT (which is about 3-5x week). Indeed, probably more valuable than SAA itself (a joke).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The small level of activity in this forum is telling!

I enjoy SAA, but they certainly have some challenges that they have to get back. The rest of the world is offering better and better service and products. Although they have a spacious business class seat on the widebodies, most of their stuff is, just, well old!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.