Wiki Posts
Search

First and Last time flying SAA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
First and Last time flying SAA

Was on flight SA60 yesterday from JNB-LOS (I was on it, just not when it pushed back).

After boarding completed the pilot came on and said the Fueler noticed a ruptured Hydraulic line causing a repair delay. I was going JNB-LOS-FRA-ORD.
I informed the Flight Attendant of my issue in that I had a connection that was just over 2hrs and that I could not enter Nigeria as I did not have a visa. She let me know that they would have someone come onboard to discuss it with me. Well just under 3 hours go by and still no agent, then they come over the intercom and state that the repair is done and the since they were still flying the route anyone wishing to get off was responsible for any charges and rebooking. I once again asked the flight attendant about my connection and got no info. The flight was arriving after my connection was departing so I deplaned as the next LOS-FRA flight was 24hrs later and both SAA and LH had direct JNB-FRA flights at 7pm and seats still for sale online.

When I got back thru immigration and made it to the SAA ticket desk, They would not assist me with getting on the either of the direct flights, telling me they were sold out. And that they might be able to get me out tomorrow night.

Seeing how I was in Business on SAA and then LH First the rest and that they could not confirm the flights for the next day yet alone confirm that I would still be in Business/First I ended up having to buy a full fare ticket on the LH direct flight for just under $6k. So I type this from the LH First Class Terminal and have now added SA to the list of airlines I will not fly.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Was the JNB-LOS and LOS-FRA-ORD on the same ticket number?

Also, I would never choose to connect through LOS if I didn't have to ... just saying!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
Yes they were on the same ticket/itinerary..

And I normally take the JNB-FRA direct on the A380 but it is not in service due to the cabin upgrades which is why I had the connection booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.