Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLH Properties... no point bookings allowed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
SLH Properties... no point bookings allowed

Hi,

I found a standard room available at an SLH property and no point bookings allowed. I called Hyatt and they said Point rooms are sold out. I spoke to a manager and they were actually combative , saying that the hotel is in control of free room inventory. I thought the most basic room IS always available.

Anyone else have these issues?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:38 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aero0729
Hi,

I found a standard room available at an SLH property and no point bookings allowed. I called Hyatt and they said Point rooms are sold out. I spoke to a manager and they were actually combative , saying that the hotel is in control of free room inventory. I thought the most basic room IS always available.

Anyone else have these issues?
According to the T&Cs, SLH properties don't have to allow using any type of Free Night Award, points or otherwise.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aero0729
I thought the most basic room IS always available.
Not at SLH, no.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 11:08 am

Yes,this is my primary complaint about the otherwise excellent program. You have the illusion of European coverage when the majority of hotels have been SLH hotels that offer no benefits and limited/no availability. With Lindner integration, perhaps there is now more balance between Hyatt and SLH, but it is so much harder to use points in Europe than it ought to be. I may be tempted to keep my Hilton Diamond status just for European stays.
lgormley likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xooz
You have the illusion of European coverage when the majority of hotels have been SLH hotels that offer no benefits and limited/no availability.
No benefits? Free breakfast and 1 category upgrade (subject to availability) sure count as benefits for me.

I prefer to view the SLH partnership as an opportunity to earn and burn at some unique properties, not an opportunity to complain some more.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 5:40 pm

Nor sure I complained before, so unsure I am "complaining some more" here. Agree I overstated the lack of any benefits, but I find it frustratingly hard to use points at SLH hotels due to very limited availability. And often when I find availability, I indeed feel like I am burning points in that the entry rooms at most SLH hotels are pretty tiny. If I could use a upgrade, I would be fine with that.

I think the Hyatt program is the best of all the major chains currently. I am merely pointing out that SLH and M&MS are similar to airline alliances where consistency in customer treatment is diluted as you partner rather than own the product.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by xooz
Nor sure I complained before, so unsure I am "complaining some more" here. Agree I overstated the lack of any benefits, but I find it frustratingly hard to use points at SLH hotels due to very limited availability. And often when I find availability, I indeed feel like I am burning points in that the entry rooms at most SLH hotels are pretty tiny. If I could use a upgrade, I would be fine with that.

I think the Hyatt program is the best of all the major chains currently. I am merely pointing out that SLH and M&MS are similar to airline alliances where consistency in customer treatment is diluted as you partner rather than own the product.
It's a way for Hyatt to expand their footprint, albeit we receive lower benefits. Still, we do receive benefits:

https://slh.com/hyatt
complimentary continental breakfast for two
free Wi-Fi
early check-in, late check-out and a room upgrade (all based on availability).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.